[columbia_heights] Re: Jim Graham's message to the list

  • John Schaefer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 1999
      I for one would prefer a heads up that you would be meeting with a group
      concerning an issue. So that when you make a blanket statement of
      representing our views you would have the latest feelings from those in the
      community. In the past few weeks I have been educated further on the needs
      and wants of our neighbors. It is much more than preserving a theater. It
      is more about meeting the needs of a diverse community. In order to best
      determine those needs we need an open forum (with more than a weeks notice)
      to spread the word and voice our views. Anyone have any suggestions? I am
      sorry I havent been able to attend previous meetings but have been traveling
      and balancing a hectic schedule. With more than a one week lead time I
      could be at a public meeting. In addition many people have voiced, and
      rightfully so, the need to spread the word to our neighbors (some who speak
      different languages). I imagine this would also take more than a few days.

      John Schaefer
      East Coast Director of Operations
      Postal Innovations, Incorporated
      jschaefer@...
      (703)560-9790 - Office
      (202)251-3965 - Cell Phone

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 1999
        Connie: First, this was a private message that I had sent to a constituent.
        I was asked if it could be circulated, and I agreed to do so. Second, you
        are right: I want to provide a more detailed comment and I will draff it
        directly. Finally, being "over" shortly, means this stage of discussion.
        You're right, there will probably be no quick fix here. Please stay in
        touch. Bests Jim