Shootings at Boys and Girls Club

  • Jim Graham
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
      Dear Friends: I have just returned from the crime scene at the Boys and Girls Club at Clifton and 14th Street where, just about an hour ago (10:15 PM), two teenage boys were shot and wounded by a shooter located in the Club parking lot.

      MPD says that the boys will be okay. One was shot in the legs and the other in the butt.

      After having been challenged by an armed security guard at Faircliffe Plaza West, he turned his gun on the special officer. The special officer then fired at the shooter who then got into a silver Jeep and drove down 14th Street.

      In this insane melee, at least one shot entered an apartment in the Nehemiah Coop across 14th Street.

      I will report more as information is received.

      Sincerely, Councilmember Jim Graham

      I typically answer emails before 9 AM on weekdays. If you email me after that, it is likely that you will hear from me the next weekday. If there is a need to communicate prior to that, you may wish to call me. For most effective communication, please use my direct email address: jim@...

      Jim Graham, Councilmember, Ward One, 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #105, Washington, DC 20004. 202-724-8181; 202-724-8109 (fax).

      Chairman, Committee on Public Works and the Environment (including alcohol regulation). Main Committee Number: 202-724-8195. 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #116, Washington, DC 20004.

      Voting member, Board of Directors, WMATA/Metro.

      Website: www.grahamwone.com

    • specopsnwdc
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
        To all:

        This area is OUT-OF-CONTROL. Who is responsible for these children committing these
        deadly offenses? Something needs to be done immediately. I call upon Mayor Fenty, Mr.
        Graham, the MPD, The United Way (Boys and Girls Club), Clubhouse 10, the owners of
        Faircliff Plaza West/East, parents, and teachers, to focus on this area before we morn the
        death of kids and not just sy how sad it has become. Much of this disturbed behavior
        should be placed directly on the inability of parents to control and discipline their children.

        Who is Smoke Tallson (with the purple bandanna?) I heard that he was a local pedophile ..
        is this true? His name appears to be adorned throughout Faircliff Plaza West and the
        adjacent vicinity. Perhaps if we find him we can begin to crack down on these local
        criminals.

        Make a commitment to your children. Take a stand for your children. Parent your children
        before you visit them in prison.

        SpecOps DC

        email address: jim@...<mailto:jim@...>