RE: [columbia_heights] Re: [WardOneDC] The Col Hts Plaza Will be Completed

  • Ricks, Karina (DDOT)
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008

      Will,

      Please see the attached letter outlining the new parking regulations.  The changes to the RPP blocks can be done without the new legislation.  The legislation is important for the metered areas.  It gives us the ability to adjust the days, times and rates to encourage more transit use or use of off-street spaces (for instance, at the moment, we are not permitted to operate meters later than 6:30pm or on Saturday or Sundays - a special exception was made for Georgetown several years ago).  It also authorizes us to allow Zone 1 RPP holders to park in metered spaces without paying (i.e. expand the available residential parking resources).  I will ask that this be posted to our website, thanks for the reminder.

      Mr. Gebreamlak,

      I'm not sure which designs you are looking for.  Madaubuchi Udeh is our lead engineer for Wards 1 and 2 and your best contact for engineering drawings.

        _________________________________
        ...The fact is that the engineers and planners got the drawing done, I have 3 sets all but the final set.  Basically, DDOT below the assitant director level pretty much got the work done...

      • Theisen, Anne (ANC 1A05)
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2008
          RE: [columbia_heights] Re: [WardOneDC] The Col Hts Plaza Will be Completed

          Dear Karina,

          People are asking me when they will be able to park at the meters where zone one rpp holders will not have to pay.  Do you have an anticipated date when that will happen?

          Thanks,  Anne

          Anne Theisen, ANC1A05
          Vice Chair, ANC1A
          Chair, ANC1A Planning and Zoning Committee

          202-588-9898 (ANC1A Voice Mail Box)
          202-328-2242 (home)

          2905 11th Street, NW
          Washington, DC  20001

          I only have hard copies to large to scan.   DDOT could probably post on
          their website if enough people requested.  You might also ask this to post
          the "Performance Parking Plan" for Columbia Heights also, which may be
          passed on emergency today by the Council.

          Emeak Monene, Director of DDOT - Emeka.Moneme@...
          <mailto:Emeka.Moneme@...>
          Karinia Ricks, Associate Director for Planning(?)  - Karina.Ricks@...
          <mailto:Karina.Ricks@...>