Re: [columbia_heights] Enough's Enough

  • Michael Vallen
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
      Even though I know you will not answer me with a
      straight forward answer Dave I sure would like to know
      who all of your "secret" sources are and what they
      really know regarding the famously unscrupulous Mr.
      Moore. This BS of yours is so very very very tiring. I
      have it on good and trustworthy account that you are a

      mev

      =====
      Apexstudios
      Design-Architecture-Illustration
      Michael Vallen

      http//www.apexstudios.com

      "Any deviation from simplicity results in a loss of dignity." Irving J. Gill 1932

      From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
      http://experts.yahoo.com/
    • Rebekah Menning
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
        Do we all need to read messages like this??
        I'd appreciate it if people making personal attacks
        would not send them to the whole group.
        Thanks,
        Rebekah

        Even though I know you will not answer me with a
        straight forward answer Dave I sure would like to know
        who all of your "secret" sources are and what they
        really know regarding the famously unscrupulous Mr.
        Moore. This BS of yours is so very very very tiring. I
        have it on good and trustworthy account that you are a

        mev

        =====
        Apexstudios
        Design-Architecture-Illustration
        Michael Vallen

        http//www.apexstudios.com

        "Any deviation from simplicity results in a loss of dignity." Irving J.
        Gill 1932

        From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
        http://experts.yahoo.com/
      • Lester Cavagnaro
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
          I agree with you 100%. Michael seems to always be on the attack, what a
          shame.

          Lester

          Even though I know you will not answer me with a
          straight forward answer Dave I sure would like to know
          who all of your "secret" sources are and what they
          really know regarding the famously unscrupulous Mr.
          Moore. This BS of yours is so very very very tiring. I
          have it on good and trustworthy account that you are a

          mev

          =====
          Apexstudios
          Design-Architecture-Illustration
          Michael Vallen

          http//www.apexstudios.com

          "Any deviation from simplicity results in a loss of dignity." Irving J.
          Gill 1932

          From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
          http://experts.yahoo.com/
        • Tony McNeal
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
            Rebekah:

            Michael Vallen is certainly capable of defending himself, but I don't
            consider his remarks a personal attack when Dave McIntire and others
            irresponsibly and without one shred of evidence willfully go around and make
            accusations about back room deals, cronyism within the RLA, and Bob Moore
            making money on the side.

            Does Dave have any proof? If so, produce it. If he doesn't (and he
            obviously doesn't or we would have seen it), he just cheapens his own
            arguments. Why aren't you outraged about that?

            Tony McNeal

            >From: Rebekah Menning <rmenning@...>
            >To: 'Michael Vallen' <apexstudio@...>, Dave McIntire
            ><mail@...>, Columbia Heights <columbia_heights@egroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [columbia_heights] Enough's Enough
            >Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:49:35 -0500
            >
            >Do we all need to read messages like this??
            >I'd appreciate it if people making personal attacks
            >would not send them to the whole group.
            >Thanks,
            >Rebekah

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • John Roach
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
              I agree. Do we all need to be subjected to this childishness?

              Lester Cavagnaro wrote:

              > I agree with you 100%. Michael seems to always be on the attack, what a
              > shame.
              >
              > Lester

            • Caroline Polk
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                I would guess that most of us on this list who have even the vaguest
                interest in DC politics had been hearing rumors about Bob Moore and his
                wheeling and dealing long before we got hooked up to the Internet. Perhaps
                someone on the list can set the record straight. For example, is it true
                that DCCH was/is under investigation for misappropriation of millions of
                dollars?

                >Michael Vallen is certainly capable of defending himself, but I don't
                >consider his remarks a personal attack when Dave McIntire and others
                >irresponsibly and without one shred of evidence willfully go around and
                make
                >accusations about back room deals, cronyism within the RLA, and Bob Moore
                >making money on the side.
                >
                >Does Dave have any proof? If so, produce it. If he doesn't (and he
                >obviously doesn't or we would have seen it), he just cheapens his own
                >arguments. Why aren't you outraged about that?
                >
                >Tony McNeal
                >

                >>From: Rebekah Menning <rmenning@...>
                >>To: 'Michael Vallen' <apexstudio@...>, Dave McIntire
                >><mail@...>, Columbia Heights <columbia_heights@egroups.com>
                >>Subject: RE: [columbia_heights] Enough's Enough
                >>Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:49:35 -0500
                >>
                >>Do we all need to read messages like this??
                >>I'd appreciate it if people making personal attacks
                >>would not send them to the whole group.
                >>Thanks,
                >>Rebekah

              • Rebekah Menning
                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                  Tony,

                  I'm not defending anyone or siding with anyone, and I'm not outraged. I
                  just feel like there are things that can be written from one individual to
                  another without bringing the whole group into it.

                  Sometimes I feel like this list is more about criticizing one another and
                  pointing out faults and discrepancies in opinion (and fact), than working
                  with each other on neighborhood issues. Moot point: all I did in that last
                  message was make a suggestion about the way people interact in this forum,
                  and I was immediately countered on it. I'm not suggesting that we join
                  hands and "all just get along," but it would be nice to see more affirmation
                  of the things we do agree on.

                  Respectfully,

                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                    Tony:

                    It's about the tone of voice. Most of us are looking for information
                    and ways to build community. Michael could have just as easily made his
                    point by asking Dave for more concrete evidence of his opinion.

                    I think the "send later" option in most email programs is a great
                    opportunity to ask "Does everybody need to hear this?"

                    Tom Stehle
                  • Tony McNeal
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                      Rebekah:

                      I understand your initial comment. My only response is that you should be
                      taking Dave McIntire to task as much as Michael Vallen for his
                      irresponsible, mean spirited accusations.

                      And you will probably notice that Dave won't respond to Michael's comment,
                      eventhough he responds to EVERYTHING. He won't because he can't prove
                      anything he said about the RLA or Bob Moore.

                      http://profiles.msn.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                        Yes, I consider Mr. Moore unscrupulous as do many in the nonprofit
                        community.

                        I also consider him a reflectsive liar in his public persona. I don't know
                        him personally. In just the 15 minutes I listened to him at the Strategic
                        Planning Conference he told lie after lie.

                        He presented the original Grid plan as if that was still in effect - skating
                        rink, etc. Everyone knows better. How could it be when the planned size of
                        the complex has been reduced by about one third - from 650,000 to 450,000
                        sq. ft.?

                        He said that RLA mandated the reduced size which is lie number two. The
                        developers reduced it because the notion of a sports/entertainment complex
                        in Columbia Heights was crazy from the beginning.

                        The anchor tenant they are looking for now is a multiplex movie chain. When
                        I asked Mr. Moore if that was such a good idea, why was it that after a year
                        they hadn't even gotten an expression of interest from such a chain. He said
                        that was because they still hadn't sufficiently worked out the costs for the
                        complex. That is lie three or we have a grossly incompetant developer. They
                        certainly know about what it would cost per sq.ft. to lease space - close
                        enough to get tentative committments from leasees if there was any real
                        interest.

                        Then he had the audacity to say that all developers require pre-leases. That
                        was a bald faced lie. I listened to Forest City testify on several
                        occassions that they build without tenant committments for retail complexes.
                        That has to be true because they recently signed an agreement with the city
                        of Denver, to not only build but to upfront a half billion dollars in
                        infrastructure costs that would be repaid by the City.

                        I know it isn't tactful for me to be so direct and public about how I feel
                        concerning Mr. Moore. It might very well be counter productive. But we are
                        having what amounts to a political debate and I think I remain in the
                        parameters of political debate.

                        I haven't accused Mr. Moore of doing something illegal in my previous post.
                        I was writing why I think Mr. Moore has supported this debacle. I can't
                        divulge the source of what I was told in confidence. I can say it didn't
                        come newcomers or whites. It came from a source(s) in the nonprofit
                        community who have been around a lot longer than Mr. Moore. Why don't you
                        put the question to Mr. Moore?

                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                          From: David McIntire:
                          "He supported the plans that made DCCH the sole minority
                          participant and PROBABLY SIDE DEALS OR UNDERSTANDINGS FOR HIMSELF,
                          PERSONALLY."

                          That sounds like an accusation to me. And how convenient that you can't
                          divulge your source.

                          I would be happy to ask Mr. Moore if he is corrupt or practicing shady
                          deals. But, if he is, do you think he would really tell me? I think it is
                          incumbent on the person throwing the accusation around to provide the proof.

                          Tony McNeal

                          >I haven't accused Mr. Moore of doing something illegal in my previous post.
                          >I was writing why I think Mr. Moore has supported this debacle. I can't
                          >divulge the source of what I was told in confidence. I can say it didn't
                          >come newcomers or whites. It came from a source(s) in the nonprofit
                          >community who have been around a lot longer than Mr. Moore. Why don't you
                          >put the question to Mr. Moore?
                          >
                          >Dave McIntire

                        • Dave McIntire
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                            No, ask Mr. Moore if he accepts or has accepted finder's fees from
                            financial institutions. The part you mention was speculation on my part and
                            was presented as such. The speculation was made based on what I was told
                            about Mr. Moore accepting finder's fee. My source(s) is / are sufficiently
                            close that he / she / they would have standing to testify in court, were
                            the practice illegal which it is not.

                            Again I am not accusing Mr. Moore of doing anything illegal.

                            Dave

                            > "He supported the plans that made DCCH the sole minority
                            > participant and PROBABLY SIDE DEALS OR UNDERSTANDINGS FOR HIMSELF,
                            > PERSONALLY."
                            >
                            > That sounds like an accusation to me. And how convenient that you can't
                            > divulge your source.
                            >
                            > I would be happy to ask Mr. Moore if he is corrupt or practicing shady
                            > deals. But, if he is, do you think he would really tell me? I think it
                            is
                            > incumbent on the person throwing the accusation around to provide the
                            proof.

                            > Tony McNeal

                          • Mark C. Barlet
                            Message 13 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                              Here is a link to a story about the development, It goes in to Mr.
                              Moore's past. I posted a copy on my web area, because you have to pay
                              for it off of Washingtonpost.com.

                              So here is the link:

                              http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mbarlet/Moore.html

                              So Tony, I did not see a law suit by Mr. Moore to the Washington
                              Post, so I can assume that this is correct. So it LOOK as if Mr.
                              Moore has a track record of being a bit shady. I also have a copy of
                              the Audit of DHCD/CDC and I must say in many cases DCCH was in a
                              class by itself. The audit shows that around 11 million is MISSING
                              from DHCD that was given to the CDC's. DCCH got a lot of page time,
                              because it was the one that had the most "MISSING MONEY". I will find
                              my copy, and the electronic copy and post it for all to see. We can
                              also revisit the E-mails that were sent around after the RLA crap. It
                              shows that Mr. Moore and the RLA were REAL tight, and that there was
                              some back room dealings going on. I am sure if you give me a few days
                              I could find more.

                              Mark

                              From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
                              http://experts.yahoo.com/
                            • Tony McNeal
                              Message 14 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                                Dave/Mark:

                                I will respond to you both and end this here because I'm tiring of it. To
                                Dave: So, your "sources" think Bob Moore "probably" accepted back room
                                deals? That makes absolutely no sense.

                                Mark: The article you sent from the Post only repeats things about Bob
                                Moore's past. As I read that article, he didn't deny any of it. It does
                                not speak to the current development situation. And to parade around
                                Dorothy Brizile as a credible source (her speculation about Tania Jackson,
                                her mother and the RLA was laughable and completely offbase) just shows how
                                lazy the Post is about finding other sources.

                                I quit. Have a good day.

                                Tony McNeal

                                >From: "Dave McIntire" <mail@...>
                                >To: <columbia_heights@egroups.com>
                                >Subject: Re: [columbia_heights] Enough's Enough
                                >Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:10:39 -0500
                                >
                                >No, ask Mr. Moore if he accepts or has accepted finder's fees from
                                >financial institutions. The part you mention was speculation on my part and
                                >was presented as such. The speculation was made based on what I was told
                                >about Mr. Moore accepting finder's fee. My source(s) is / are sufficiently
                                >close that he / she / they would have standing to testify in court, were
                                >the practice illegal which it is not.
                                >
                                >Again I am not accusing Mr. Moore of doing anything illegal.
                                >
                                >Dave

                                http://profiles.msn.com
                              • Mark C. Barlet
                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                                  Ya, I bet,

                                  here is another one that goes into detail about it

                                  http://members/bellatlantic.ne/~mbarlet/Moore2.html

                                  I am not a betting man Tony, but to me I would not trust him with 10
                                  bucks. He has done this MORE THAN ONCE.

                                  His record speacks for itself, Would you like me to keep looking?

                                  Mark

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Nov 1, 2000
                                    The link is:

                                    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mbarlet/Moore2.html

                                    sorry guys and gals

                                    Mark

                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 30 2:31 PM
                                      Man I did not even say anything this time. I get in trouble before I
                                      speak now =)

                                      Mark

                                      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/