Push Fenty on His Promises >> Its Your Turn Nov. 7
- Hey Columbia Heights Residents:
It's coming soon, election day on Tuesday. On November 7, you will be
able to help keep Adrian Fenty honest and DC's entrenched Democrat Party
more transparent by voting DC Statehood-Green.
As the Statehood-Green mayoral candidate I am pushing for Statehood
forthrightly and will address the issues that matter most to DC's
long-time working class families. I pledge to:
· Rebuild and renovate our traditional public schools, vocational training
facilities, and neighborhood libraries within 2 years while simultaneously
creating thousands of apprenticeships and jobs for DC residents,
· Reopen DC General Hospital and [LINK: http://www.otten06.com/hospital]
expose the scandal of it's closure,
· Eliminate the City's regressive tax system which makes the lower 60% of
DC's taxpayers pay twice as much of an effective tax rate as the top 5%.
We will replace this with a progressive tax system and thus earn the City
an additional $300 million dollars annually,
· Challenge the use of Emminent domain for the new baseball stadium scam
and bring the Nationals back to a refurbrished RFK where most of us wanted
it in the first place thus saving us close to a billion dollars, and
· Fight for Statehood and budget autonomy from Congress.
OTTEN vs. FENTY
I debated Fenty twice this past week and pushed him on the above issues.
If you missed it, explore the following links:
· [LINK: http://www.ceo4u.com/sites/mayorchris/video/debate/index.html]
Newschannel 8 Video Debate
· [LINK: http://www.dcmediacollective.org/ChrisVsFenty/] WTOP-WashPost
· [LINK: http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/06/11/03.php] WAMU DC Politics
Hour Radio Debate
YOUR VOTE MATTERS ON NOVEMBER 7.
Remember, every vote for DC Statehood-Green Party Candidates:
· Helps keep the entrenched Democrat Party more transparent and honest,
· Is a vote against the Republikkkan Party,
· Pushes political discourse towards issues that matter to DC's
Working-Class Families, and
· Is a vote for Statehood, no-half stepping!
We need help to get the word out to your friends & on election day to had
out flyers. The bigger the turnout the more political clout we have to
push the City in a better direction.
· Volunteer to help work the polls on election day anytime between 8am and
8pm -- [LINK: http://www.dcstatehoodgreen.org/volunteer] click here
· Tell a friend about the campaign and to vote on Nov. 7 -- [LINK:
http://www.otten06.com/tellafriend] click here
FIND OUT MORE
The 'Undoing the Damage' Campaign 2006 Invites you to explore the
· [LINK: http://www.otten06.com/platform] Chris Otten's Platform
· [LINK: http://www.otten06.com/bio] Chris's Bio
· [LINK: http://www.dcstatehoodgreen.org] Visit the Statehood-Green
Let's do this on November 7!
Chris Otten, Mayoral Candidate
DC Statehood-Green Party
[LINK: mailto:mayorchrisdc@...] mayorchrisdc@...
[LINK: http://www.otten06.com] http://www.otten06.com