Re: [columbia_heights] Re: another robbery - Cultural Ethos

    Message 1 of 107 , Jun 1, 2006

      Maybe our premise is wrong. Maybe none of the mentioned are representative of this community.  I've long ago concluded that our focus on these ancedotes for many of us is to set the bar low enough to ensure "pass" when we self-evaluate our own roles in making this a better place.   I guess there's something nothing wrong with affirming your worth, by measuring it against someone in a lesser state.  It seems sillly to think that we should even consider measuring our value in terms of our NET contribution to the common good, when you can get a pat on the back for thinking we are better than a crackhead.

      William

      okwithnotgoodenough wrote:
      Anyone culturally attuned to the $300K/yr lawyers to guide these
      unfortunates to using paper bags for their canine waste. Oh, any
      takers for showing the light to the maternal toker, the rock thrower
      and the gun toter? Seriously, all these folks need get their acts
      together.

      From: William Jordan <whj@...>
      Date: Wed May 31, 2006  5:14 pm
      Subject: Re: [columbia_heights] Re: another robbery - Cultural Ethos
      whjmela
       Offline
       Send Email
       Invite to Yahoo! 360º

      >From my experience, the $300K may need to be getting civics lessons
      rather than giving them.   Then maybe not in a world where being a
      professional with high income who puts highly biodegradable dog poop
      in a non-biodegrable plastic bag into someone else's trash can is the
      ultimate expression of civic responsibility.

      William

      --- In columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com, "blackcaesar20010"
      <blackcaesar20010@...> wrote:

      Yeah imagine... how on earth would the poor kid pay his consultant

      fee??

      You think the polar opposite of who you happen to be is going to
      accept your perspective? Gague the reaction  of the CH Villiage
      teenager as he hears a civics lesson from the $300K/ yr. attorney
      who lives two blocks away.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/MpOolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        From: William Jordan <whj@...>