Re: [columbia_heights] Columbia Heights News

    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 3, 2006
      It might not be plagerism in the strictest sense. What our intrepid copier
      did was take the history I did in http://innercity.org, shorten it and put
      it in his/her own words. He/she didn't use it as "A" reference, he/she used
      it as "The" reference.

      My history is not original research and I didn't identify my sources either.
      But I used any number of resources plus my own experience of 30 years living
      here to do it. In other words some effort and time went into doing it.

      Personally I don't give a damn that the history was lifted from what I did.
      Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose. I did the history as
      a labor of love, not for money.

      I was more amused than I was irked and since the history was complimented by
      others, I thought I would point out its source.

      Message 47 of 47 , Jan 18, 2006
        More on the story here www.dcbubble.blogspot.com