Re: [columbia_heights] Invitation

  • CCarrndc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
      I STRONGLY urge you to read the privacy statement and terms before you sign up for this site.  If you sign up, prepare to be barraged by spam.  I'm not saying it WILL happen, but the terms give them pretty free use of your private information.

      In a message dated 12/5/2005 3:42:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, commissioner_1b09@... writes:
      Check out this great promotion. If you sign up we can
      both get a $100 Target gift card and save a bunch of
      money!

      http://funcdeals.com/?r=EQETU1gRVQMlEVUBDSsD&i=yh&p=1002&z=1

      Talk to you soon!

      Commissioner
      Thomas Kwesi Danda Smith
      Single Member District 1B09
      Tel: 202.258.7427
      WWW.CommissionerSmith.Org

    • Elizabeth Heyd
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
        I strongly urge folks to IGNORE the original message as highly unsavory,
        period.

        "Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sun-dial in the
        shade?"
        - Benjamin Franklin

      • lwannemach@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
          My God, has public service really come to getting deals from Target.  Next thing you know, they'll try to put one in our already congested neighborhood.
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
            Yahoo does what most companies do with sites that give free services. They
            collect demographic information the same way the Washington Post , the New
            York Times or AOL does when you sign up.

            If you don't want such sites to collect any information about you then
            simply make up the information. If you are really sensitive to spam then
            create a Hotmail, Yahoo email or other such free email account.

            No one is going to be barraged by spam by using this service. I certainly
            haven't been.