Re: [columbia_heights] Invitation

  • Ted Lovos
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
      Is this ANC-approved SPAM? The ANC Commissioner of 1B09 is SPAMMING us to sign up for more SPAM. Nice. Signature tag and all....

      Thomas Smith <commissioner_1b09@...> wrote:
      Hey!

      Check out this great promotion. If you sign up we can
      both get a $100 Target gift card and save a bunch of
      money!

      http://funcdeals.com/?r=EQETU1gRVQMlEVUBDSsD&i=yh&p=1002&z=1

      Talk to you soon!

      Commissioner
      Thomas Kwesi Danda Smith
      Single Member District 1B09
      Tel: 202.258.7427
      WWW.CommissionerSmith.Org

      __________________________________
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      Yahoo! Personals

      Yahoo! Personals
    • CCarrndc@aol.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
          I strongly urge folks to IGNORE the original message as highly unsavory,
          period.

          "Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sun-dial in the
          shade?"
          - Benjamin Franklin

        • lwannemach@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
            My God, has public service really come to getting deals from Target.  Next thing you know, they'll try to put one in our already congested neighborhood.
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5, 2005
              Yahoo does what most companies do with sites that give free services. They
              collect demographic information the same way the Washington Post , the New
              York Times or AOL does when you sign up.

              If you don't want such sites to collect any information about you then
              simply make up the information. If you are really sensitive to spam then
              create a Hotmail, Yahoo email or other such free email account.

              No one is going to be barraged by spam by using this service. I certainly
              haven't been.