How We Can Help Victims of Hurricane Katrina

  • Deschaine, Desi (EOM)
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005

      From City Administrator Robert Bobb:

      Volunteer organizations are seeking donations to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast states.  I hope that within our heavy hearts is strength enough to help our southern neighbors.

      Volunteer agencies provide a wide variety of critical services after disasters, such as clean up, childcare, housing repair, crisis counseling, sheltering and food.  If you are able to help, a list of phone numbers set up solely for monetary donations and/or volunteers is below:

      Donate cash to:

      American Red Cross
      1-800-HELP NOW (435-7669) English,

      1-800-257-7575 Spanish;

      Operation Blessing
      1-800-436-6348

      America's Second Harvest

      1-800-344-8070

      Donate Cash to and Volunteer with:

      Adventist Community Services
      1-800-381-7171

      Catholic Charities, USA
      703 549-1390

      Christian Disaster Response

      941-956-5183 or 941-551-9554

      Christian Reformed World Relief Committee
      1-800-848-5818

      Church World Service
      1-800-297-1516

      Convoy of Hope

      417-823-8998

      Lutheran Disaster Response
      800-638-3522

      Mennonite Disaster Service
      717-859-2210

      Nazarene Disaster Response
      888-256-5886

      Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
      800-872-3283

      Salvation Army
      1-800-SAL-ARMY (725-2769)

      Southern Baptist Convention -- Disaster Relief
      1-800-462-8657, ext. 6440

      United Methodist Committee on Relief
      1-800-554-8583

      For more information please visit http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=18473