Farmers' Mkt. on Sat. -- all the details!

  • Ga. Ave. Farmers' Market
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      If you live in one of the neighborhoods surrounding
      the Georgia Ave.-Petworth Metro station, then the
      Georgia-Petworth Farmers' Market is YOUR community
      market!

      Our market will be every Saturday -- RAIN or shine! --
      June 4 through November 26, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
      We're at the fenced-in lot on the southwest corner of
      the intersection of Georgia and New Hampshire avenues.

      Farmer James Smith of Westmoreland County, Virginia,
      returns to our market this year. He will feature
      vegetables from his own farm and -- new for 2005 --
      fruits from neighboring farms. And Farmer Smith's
      selection of vegetables and fruits will expand as the
      growing season progresses.

      We also have a community-volunteer-run stand selling
      hot coffee, a range of Amish products (cheeses,
      yogurts, preserves, baked goods...), and -- again new
      for 2005 -- a variety of fresh artisan BREADS,
      PASTRIES, and BAGELS from Uptown Bakers. And the
      market will feature a variety of local vendors and
      merchants during the 2005 season, including several
      local youth running a beverage stand (bottled water,
      juices, and frappuccinos (!); kids' juice boxes;
      etc.).

      Our "Community Lounge" -- with tables, chairs,
      umbrellas -- is the perfect spot to relax, enjoy a
      pastry and a beverage, read the morning paper, and
      meet neighbors. A community information table will
      have flyers about local community groups, etc. And
      this week we'll have a table with information about
      the proposed development of the nearby Soldiers Home
      property.

      Last year's market was a great experience for so many
      of us from the surrounding neighborhoods. This year's
      market promises to be even better. See you at the
      market!

      Discover Yahoo!