delivery of drug/hormone free milk products and meat to your home

  • Colleen Leyrer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi Neighbors,

      I've learned that there is a local Maryland (Frederick County) farm which delivers drug/hormone free milk products, meats, free range eggs, honey and related products to your home.  They are currently collecting addresses for a new delivery route to serve Mount Pleasant and folks close to Mount Pleasant.  (CH addresses within a few blocks of MP qualify.)  My guess is if they get enough response from Columbia Heights, they would make our neighborhood a separate delivery route.  They require 30 households for a delivery route to make it worth their while.  If you are interested, check out: www.southmountaincreamery.com or call 301-371-8565 or 1-877-COW-2-YOU.  This is a great way to get a healthful product while supporting family farms/greenspace outside our city.  Plus, the price for products they deliver is apparently less than they charge at the Farmer's Markets and some items (bottled milk and meat) are much less than Whole Foods.  (And no, I have no ties to this farm whatsoever.)

      Colleen

      Do you Yahoo!?