[FriendsofPigeonPark] Park Clean Up Day - Sat. Dec. 6 (fwd)

  • mevents@duane.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      Forwarded From "Andrea Broaddus" <andreabroaddus@...>

      Neighbors,

      Rabaut "Pigeon" Park has been looking better since the Park Service did some
      major maintenance last summer, but it's time to freshen it up with a winter
      clean up day. The great news is that we will have the assistance of our
      region's Americorps team on Saturday, December 6. These energetic young folks
      from around the nation will also be helping to remove litter, weeds and
      graffiti on Upper Columbia Road and some of the neighborhood streets.

      Join us! Come for any portion of the day. Tools and gloves will be provided,
      plus morning coffee and sandwiches for lunch. Please register as a volunteer
      so we can get a headcount for tools and food by contacting Andrea Broaddus
      at 462-5618 or andreabroaddus@.... If you decide to stop by
      on the spur of the moment, find us at the corner of Columbia Rd and Harvard St.

      Clean Up Day
      Saturday, December 6

      9:00 am - 12 noon - Rabaut "Pigeon" Park (coffee and lunch provided)

      1pm - 4pm - Columbia Rd from 16th-18th St, 17th St, Euclid St, Fuller St,
      and Mozart Place

      -Weed and Trim
      -Sweep and Rake
      -Pick Up Litter
      -Remove Graffiti

      A flyer (including Spanish version) with a map and more information about t=
      he Friends of Pigeon Park is available at http://www.pigeonpark.org

      This event was organized by the Friends of Pigeon Park, who are working to:

      a.. Keep the park clean
      b.. Improve lighting and maintenance
      c.. Organize community events
      d.. Rename it in honor of Monsignor Romero