Re: Freed robbery/beating suspect intimidates young boy

  • Randyndc
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
      I haven't seen any postings regarding the robbery/beating in a
      while. Mr. Graham, the citizens of Columbia Heights are not going to
      just forget about this incident.

      Do you have any updates for us? Is there, in fact, an arrest warrant
      for the alleged perpetrator; and has it been executed?

      Randy Knepp
      Col. Hgts. Resident

      --- In columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Coleman"
      <barb@c...> wrote:
      > I have this horrible feeling that the police haven't a clue as to
      the
      > whereabouts of the other perp who supposedly "lives in Maryland."
      Chief
      > Ramsey said in his response that "warrant for his arrest is
      currently being
      > sought." Why would they "seek" a warrant rather than "issue" a
      warrant?

      > And of course, because policies are lax as to what to do with these
      > thieving, assaulting kids once caught, I am certain that's why the
      policeman
      > involved let the one go and didn't pursue the second one. He'd
      have to
      > baby-sit them at the PSA until their parent came to retrieve them.
      >
      > Well, since both kids are back in Columbia Heights, roaming around
      on our
      > streets, making threats to the witness, can we get a description
      of these
      > kids (if one was noted in the report, or if there was an initial
      report
      > written), so the thousands of us who live in and around the
      location of the
      > crime, can try to avoid another needless beating while Chief
      Ramsey sends us
      > more excellent reports on the status quo.
      >
      > Barb
      >
      > PS One tidbit of good news was in the Post Metro section this
      morning
      > regarding an arrest for the murder of a man at 2:30 a.m. at 14th
      and
      > Columbia Road. The police were on foot, walking a beat, when they
      caught
      > the shooter. We have been requesting, demanding foot patrols.
      See, what we

      MonroeStreetAssoc@yahoogroups.com; JOHN
      > - SafeStreetsDC
      > Subject: Re: [columbia_heights] Freed robbery/beating suspect
      > intimidates young boy
      >

      > John,
      >
      > Evette's son said the suspect who was freed by the police was
      looking all
      > around during the robbery and assault. In other words, HE WAS THE
      LOOKOUT!!

      > He very well might be the ringleader in that he is the one with
      the excuse
      > for the police and took it upon himself to threaten Evette's son
      yesterday,
      > just one week after the assault. He certainly doesn't have much
      fear of the
      > police or seem worried that he might be punished.
      >
      > Dave McIntire

      PAY!!

      > >Dave McIntire
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >

      > URL to this page on the web:

      Service.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • vadoniacrawford@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
        YEA, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? WHERE ARE THE POLICE ON THE CASE?......Val

        --
        VADONIA CRAWFORD

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
          I asked Evette about it today. Neither Mr. Graham nor the police have been
          in contact with her.

          So I presume nothing has been accomplished - tried I don't know, but I have
          my doubts.

          Two weeks and counting.

          "Randyndc" <randyndc@...> wrote:

          >I haven't seen any postings regarding the robbery/beating in a
          >while. Mr. Graham, the citizens of Columbia Heights are not going to
          >just forget about this incident.
          >
          >Do you have any updates for us? Is there, in fact, an arrest warrant
          >for the alleged perpetrator; and has it been executed?
          >
          >Randy Knepp
          >Col. Hgts. Resident
          >

          >--- In columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Coleman"
          ><barb@c...> wrote:
          >> I have this horrible feeling that the police haven't a clue as to
          >the
          >> whereabouts of the other perp who supposedly "lives in Maryland."
          >Chief
          >> Ramsey said in his response that "warrant for his arrest is
          >currently being
          >> sought." Why would they "seek" a warrant rather than "issue" a
          >warrant?
          >>
          >> And of course, because policies are lax as to what to do with these
          >> thieving, assaulting kids once caught, I am certain that's why the
          >policeman
          >> involved let the one go and didn't pursue the second one. He'd
          >have to
          >> baby-sit them at the PSA until their parent came to retrieve them.
          >>
          >> Well, since both kids are back in Columbia Heights, roaming around
          >on our
          >> streets, making threats to the witness, can we get a description
          >of these
          >> kids (if one was noted in the report, or if there was an initial
          >report
          >> written), so the thousands of us who live in and around the
          >location of the
          >> crime, can try to avoid another needless beating while Chief
          >Ramsey sends us
          >> more excellent reports on the status quo.
          >>
          >> Barb
          >>
          >> PS One tidbit of good news was in the Post Metro section this
          >morning
          >> regarding an arrest for the murder of a man at 2:30 a.m. at 14th
          >and
          >> Columbia Road. The police were on foot, walking a beat, when they
          >caught
          >> the shooter. We have been requesting, demanding foot patrols.
          >See, what we
          >> ask for can work to solve some of these egregious crimes against
          >our
          >> citizens.

          today!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor