Re: Window Installation

  • alleycatholly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      I have found a place that seems to have a honest, knowledgeable staff
      and installs quality wood clad windows (I don't want vinyl as I heard
      they don't last as long and need more maintenance) called Marvin
      Windows in Rockville. (Someone from this list serve used them to
      install windows on their whole house and liked them). They have a
      showroom on Rockville Pike which I visited.

      I only need 4 windows but if you do more, it's less expensive. They
      said I can place an order with a neighbor to get a more competitive
      price (estimate will be done the same day, I'm flexible). Does
      anyone need 4 or less windows installed? If so, please email me.

      Check them out at:
      http://homeowner.marvin.com/products/windows.cfm

      Holly Marie

      In columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com, "alleycatholly" <dcholly@h...>
      wrote:
      > I would like to replace 2 windows; however most places have a 5
      > window minimum (the company they order from charges more to
      > manufacture less than 5 windows). If anyone else is getting
      windows replaced, perhaps I can "piggy-tail" off of your order. I
      will thank you financially. Please let me know.

      > Also, what is your opinion on the vinyl vs. wood clad windows. I
      > don't like the look of vinyl especially since I stripped my
      > woodwork. The vinyl would just take away from all my hard work.
      Has anyone replaced their windows with wood clad? Do you like them?
      Any suggestions?