Skip to search.

public drinking, etc.

  • Edward Johns
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2003
      Message: 3
      Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:56:21 -0700
      From: "Barbara Coleman" <barb@...>
      Subject: Re public drinking and drug dealing on Monroe

      Barbara:

      I could not agree with you more! I had the same thought when I read the
      original email -- why should we be cracking down on drug-dealing and at the
      same time condone or sanction public drunkenness (which often leads to many
      of the social and criminal ills you pointed to). I also do not understand
      why every time someone on this list serve is critical of a problem in our
      neighborhood, Mr. McIntire has to berate the person with, "if you hate the
      neighborhood so much, why don't you move to Georgetown?," etc.

      Anyway, I agree all criminal activity, no matter how seemingly "harmless,"
      should be reported to the police. I have good friends who live just three
      blocks from me and are constantly harrassed (so far only verbally) by the
      drunks on that very corner whenever they walk to my house in the evening.
      It's a sad commentary that people aren't comfortable walking three blocks to
      a friend's house, even at 8 p.m.

      Ed Johns