RE: Re: [columbia_heights] Re: condo residents/CH listserv atmosphere

  • Erica Lagerson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003

      I will be joining you.

      Erica

      -----Original Message-----
      From: jay phillips [mailto:jncapheights@...]
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 1:43 AM
      To: columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Fwd: Re: [columbia_heights] Re: condo residents/CH listserv atmosphere

      Folks, it's time for me to gracefully take my leave of
      this egroup after two years of debatable contribution.
      I probably have very few good ideas but at least I
      know the views of my block.  There are some reasonable
      and valuable members of this crowd who keep this forum
      relevant.  For them - I say that you need to
      reconsider your participation on this group.

      I only have so many units of energy each day and David
      and others aren't worthy of them.  What's more is that
      our moderator puts forth his own agenda under the veil
      of being fair & knowledgeable, which clearly isn't
      true.  Hell, he doesn't even know his own neighbors
      and gets his ANC commissioner wife to defend his
      ignorance (as evidenced by the attached.) Too bad that
      his supposed old time,paternalistic guidance and power
      in CH is eroding - that being if it ever existed.
      Residents, old and new, command and deserve better.

      I encourage all of you to join the new egroup being
      offered.  Sounds like idiocy may be concentrated with
      individuals and not ideals.

      Jay

    • Stephen Kline
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
        Jay, if your personal attacks on David are an indication of this new group's
        friendliness, then count me out.

        stephen kline

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
          I signed up too. While many of us, like me, have made general
          statements against groups of people, unfortunately many negative,
          Dave has made hurtful, false assumptions and personally attacked too
          many folks on this list, including myself. Many people are afraid to
          post on this list, as they told me, because they are afraid they too
          will be attacked for their opinions.

          Holly Marie

          In columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Lagerson" <lagerema@m...>
          wrote: