Introduction

  • characters_wod
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hello!

      I am what you could call a newbie to the craft. I am interested in
      Wicca, Witchcraft, and Paganism but am a little unsure how to begin.
      I have taken my first step and have started to look on websites on
      the subjects and have stared reading books as well. I do know the
      first bit of advice that seems to be universal to all curious
      beginners is to read read read and I love to read so no problems
      there.*G*

      Is there any advice any of you can supply me with? Any stories as to
      when you started on your path that you'd like to share?

      Are there any particular books or sites any of you on the list would
      recommend for a curious beginner?
    • tallika69@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
        i really liked Wicca A guide for the solitary practitioner. by Scott
        Cunningham. it really helped me to begin.

        ------wendy----

      • tygia1
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 7, 2005
          Last night I just popped in and didn't really introduce myself, so I
          will do that now....Greetings to all my name is Tygia. I found this
          site while gathering information on community resources for an
          upcoming 101 I'm teaching. I will pass the group info along as a place
          for networking...Anyway, I live in the Lakewood area with my husband,
          4 cats, 4 turtles and snake, it's quite a full house I should say. I
          actually added a link for the group if anyone is interested. I am the
          organizer of a group of flame tenders dedicated to tending Brighid's
          sacred flame, the website has a lot of info, or if anyone is
          interested, feel free to ask any questions. I am a teacher of many
          different things including hypnotherapy Reiki and Crystal Healing, and
          I'm teaching a 13 week Wicca 101 beginning in May if you know anyone
          who is interested!! If you asked me what my dirty little secret is, I
          would have to say that I love Televion. I love sitcoms, and I don't
          have cable because if I did, I would probably never leave the house,
          becuase I just know I could watch I Love Lucy 24 hours a day.....So,
          there you have it, a bit about myself...I shall consider us Merry Met
          Tygia
        • tygia1
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8, 2005
              MM-
              I have to say I am relieved I was beginning to think I
              was the only I Love Lucy fan left in the world! Nice
              to find another!

              BB
              Sam
              --- tygia1 <tygia@...> wrote:

              > Last night I just popped in and didn't really
              > introduce myself, so I
              > will do that now....Greetings to all my name is
              > Tygia. I found this
              > site while gathering information on community
              > resources for an
              > upcoming 101 I'm teaching. I will pass the group
              > info along as a place
              > for networking...Anyway, I live in the Lakewood area
              > with my husband,
              > 4 cats, 4 turtles and snake, it's quite a full house
              > I should say. I
              > actually added a link for the group if anyone is
              > interested. I am the
              > organizer of a group of flame tenders dedicated to
              > tending Brighid's
              > sacred flame, the website has a lot of info, or if
              > anyone is
              > interested, feel free to ask any questions. I am a
              > teacher of many
              > different things including hypnotherapy Reiki and
              > Crystal Healing, and
              > I'm teaching a 13 week Wicca 101 beginning in May if
              > you know anyone
              > who is interested!! If you asked me what my dirty
              > little secret is, I
              > would have to say that I love Televion. I love
              > sitcoms, and I don't
              > have cable because if I did, I would probably never
              > leave the house,
              > becuase I just know I could watch I Love Lucy 24
              > hours a day.....So,
              > there you have it, a bit about myself...I shall
              > consider us Merry Met
              > Tygia

              http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
            • Shannon
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 16, 2005
                Hello--joined this list a bit ago, figured I'd say hi. Currently a
                semi-practicing Catholic, beliefs under review, studying magick,
                haven't decided which way I'm going to go but figure it doesn't hurt to
                look. Had some interesting experiences so far. I may be in need of
                another teacher, if anybody else does that. Not sure yet.

                Nice to be here!

                Shannon
              • Lena Austin
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 16, 2005
                  Hi Shannon, and welcome!

                  Lena

                  Shannon <SongSylvan@...> wrote:

                  Hello--joined this list a bit ago, figured I'd say hi. Currently a
                  semi-practicing Catholic, beliefs under review, studying magick,
                  haven't decided which way I'm going to go but figure it doesn't hurt to
                  look. Had some interesting experiences so far. I may be in need of
                  another teacher, if anybody else does that. Not sure yet.

                  Nice to be here!

                  Shannon

                  Lena Austin
                  http://www.lena.realmsoflove.com

                • rick carpenter
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 16, 2005
                    Greetings Shannon,

                    No, it never hurts to look. With hundreds of spiritual beliefs and paths, only you will eventually know what right for you. Magick is a way for YOU to decide your Path, a way to help you instill change and balance in your life. I'm sure you have discovered the difference between the pagan Deity belief and those of Abrahamic beliefs. Its my belief that paganism allows one to access the deity much more easier and not to totally rely on Deity for all our problems, but take our lives and destiny and spiritual peace in our own hands. But thats my belief. I'm more of a Taoist Pantheist Mage so my Path is a little different but I incorporate beliefs from various ways, Shaman, Celt, Wiccan, Witchcraft, and so on. I've been a student for 26 years so my paradigm has changed over the years, and probably will again a few more times.

                    If I might ask what Path are you studying right now? Some here may be able to help guide you along. Unfortunately there hasnt been much activity here but perhaps that will chage soon. I do not live anywhere close to the Metro areas so Im unaware of any other groups, meetings or classes but others may be so hope you stick around and check back soon!

                    Be Well!
                    Rick

                    Shannon <SongSylvan@...> wrote:
                    Hello--joined this list a bit ago, figured I'd say hi. Currently a
                    semi-practicing Catholic, beliefs under review, studying magick,
                    haven't decided which way I'm going to go but figure it doesn't hurt to
                    look. Had some interesting experiences so far. I may be in need of
                    another teacher, if anybody else does that. Not sure yet.

                    Nice to be here!

                    Shannon

                    Colorado injury lawyer Colorado personal injury lawyer Colorado medical malpractice lawyer Colorado dj Colorado wedding dj Colorado lawyer

                  • lorrtru

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 17, 2005
                          Hi Shannon - I have been studying Wicca for over a year. I was raised
                          Southern Baptist. I am looking for someone to study with, just to
                          further my own understanging and deepen the learning experience
                          through discussion. Let me know if you are interested.

                          Blessed be - Micki

                          --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon" <SongSylvan@a...>