Announcing: Kick off the New Year with the Elements of Magick!

  • Kath
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2007
      Hello all you wonderful Witches!

      I am very excited to announce we are offering the Elements of Magick
      again in February. I am very delighted to announce my teaching
      partners are Bill, Amelia and Aramme! This class will rock! I hope you
      can make it.

      Join us as we experience the Elements of Magick:

      If you are short on cash, be sure to ask for a scholarship if you need
      one. (A scholarship usually covers up to half of the tuition for the
      class, which would make this class cost $30. A bargain for almost 20
      hours of awesome ritual, amazing feats of magick, fun and singing.)

      I hope to see some of you there.

      Contact me or Amelia with questions! (Our emails and phone numbers are
      at the bottom of this post.)

      Love,

      Kath

      ELEMENTS OF MAGIC
      Feb 2, 3 & 4, 2007

      Elements of Magic is the first of the core class in the Reclaiming
      tradition of Witchcraft. In this class, we will explore our personal
      relationship with the elements of Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Spirit.

      Techniques that we will use include breathwork, song, visualization,
      sensing and raising energy, trance work, movement, spellcrafting and
      creating sacred space.

      Reclaiming is a community of individuals working to unify spirit and
      politics. Our vision is rooted in the religion and magic of the
      Goddess, the Immanent Life Force. We see our work as teaching and
      making magic; the art of empowering our selves and each other. This
      class is open to women and men.

      Teachers
      Skathach is a Reclaiming witch cleverly disguised as suburban mother
      of two. She is a priestess dedicated to the Goddess for more than ten
      years. She facilitates a Children's Circle and teaches classes on
      Tarot and Wicca. She's been known to sing out loudly in ritual.

      Bill is a Wiccan (Old English for male witch) who has been on this
      path successfully practicing witchcraft for the past 4 years and he
      has initiated as a solitaire through a local coven. His practice and
      teaching is characterized by dedication, initiative and uncompromising
      professionalism.

      Amelia has spent the last ten years learning about the Earth paths
      from a variety of sources and teachers. While her first love is Tarot,
      she's planning her first garden in the spring, and is fascinated with
      compost.

      Aramme is an eclectic Wiccan whose heart is enchanted by Reclaiming
      and Celtic traditions. She can be found practicing the art of kitchen
      witchery aided by magick and herbs.

      Class Schedule:

      Friday, Feb 2
      6:30 pm Registration
      7:00 – 10:00 pm Air

      Saturday, Feb 3
      9:00 am– 12:00 pm Fire
      12:00 - 1:30 pm Potluck lunch
      1:30 - 4:30 pm Water
      4:30 - 6:30 pm Dinner break
      6:30 - 9:30 pm Earth

      Sunday, Feb 4
      9:30 am – 11:30 pm Spirit
      12:30 – 1:30 pm Closing Ritual

      Note: We start class on time, so please be prompt. The classes are
      designed to work together, so please commit to attend all.

      Prerequisite: First six chapters of The Spiral Dance by Starhawk.

      Elements of Magic will be drug and alcohol free so safe, nurturing,
      sacred space is created for all.
      Course information

      Cost: $60 to $90 sliding scale.

      EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $45 to $60 if registered by Jan 13, 2007.

      Deposit: Your deposit of $25 or more will hold your place in class.

      Phone: Amelia 720-200-9971 or Kath at 303-618-7702

      EMAIL: tarr@... or morgans_insight@...

      We welcome all genders, all races, all ages and sexual orientations
      and all those differences of life situation, background and ability
      that increase our diversity. We strive to make our public rituals and
      events accessible and safe. We try to balance the need to be justly
      compensated for our labor with our commitment to make our work
      available to people of all economic levels.

      Registration

      Pre-registration is required.
      Class size is limited.
      Registration Deadline: Jan 26 or until class is filled, subject to
      availability.

      The location for this class is:

      Spirit Wise
      6590 S. Broadway
      Centennial, CO 80121
      303-730-2974
      http://www.spiritwisegifts.com

      Make checks payable to:

      Reclaiming Spirit
      P.O. Box 270172
      Littleton, CO 80127-0172

      Reclaiming believes strongly in making classes available to everyone
      in the community. Scholarship or work exchange is available.