December Chanting

  • mercedes
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005
      Greetings all! I hope everyone is staying warm on this
      cold, cold night!

      Denver Chant Circles will be meeting again this Sat,
      12/10, from 3pm-5pm at The College of Wicca and Olde
      Lore at 44th and Allison in Wheat Ridge. We will be
      singing Yule chants and anything else people would
      like to sing and/or learn! We have had a wonderful
      time singing and sharing thus far, and hope that some
      of you will be so moved to join us! Feel free to email
      me off list for more info!

      Hope to see you Sat!

      Bright Blessings,
      Mercedes

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • lorrtru
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
        Hi Mercedes,
        thanks for the reminder. i don't know if i need to rsvp, but i am & i may be bringing another witch w/ me
        blessings
        lorraine

        mercedes <moonshadowm66@...> wrote:
        Greetings all! I hope everyone is staying warm on this
        cold, cold night!

        Denver Chant Circles will be meeting again this Sat,
        12/10, from 3pm-5pm at The College of Wicca and Olde
        Lore at 44th and Allison in Wheat Ridge. We will be
        singing Yule chants and anything else people would
        like to sing and/or learn! We have had a wonderful
        time singing and sharing thus far, and hope that some
        of you will be so moved to join us! Feel free to email
        me off list for more info!

        Hope to see you Sat!

        Bright Blessings,
        Mercedes

        ---------------------------------

      • Shadow Phoenix

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
            Greetings singers!
            I have had a few private emails about people wanting
            to bring children too! We bring our 2 youngest with us
            to each gathering and it has been fine so far. The
            College has a great room upstairs for the kiddos to
            play, equipped with toy box and lots of empty space!
            Our daughters are 7 and 9, so they sing a little, play
            a little, sing some more and so on and so on! They
            usually bring some of there own toys too and they have
            a great time! Even when they are not sitting in the
            room learning the chants, they learn by osmosis! I
            have more than once walked in on them singing a song
            we had learned at a previous meeting, and they
            definitely each have their own favorites! Music and
            singing is a huge part of our family and I wouldn't
            want it any other way! I am biased, but I don't
            believe they have been disruptive thus far! I would
            hope that if they became a problem, we would have a
            respectful discussion and reach reasonable resolution.

            This group has been wonderful about trying to keep a
            "family-feel" and I would be sad if it went any other
            direction! Singing is such a wonderful way for
            children (and adults!) to express themselves and I am
            honored to have the opportunity to share this group
            with my children.

            In the coven I work with, there are lots of things
            that we do without the kids, but there are also lots
            of ways we include them too. We have found a really
            comfortable balance. Kids and the pagan
            community-at-large have brought about some
            interesting, passionate discussions and certainly some
            conflict over the years! I feel that there are
            absolutely certain situations, rituals where children
            do not belong. As it stands right now, though I am
            blindly speaking for the "core group", CHILDREN ARE
            WELCOME to sing with us any time!

            Goddess bless our children!
            (and our pagan friends who are so tolerant of our
            children!!!!)

            Bright Blessings,
            Mercedes

            --- Shadow Phoenix <phoenixinshadows@...> wrote:

            Is it a problem for me to bring my children with me
            again? You all were so very welcoming last time, but
            if it's a problem, to
            > anyone, I can work on finding a sitter or something.
            >
            > Brightest Blessings,
            >
            > Phoenix

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Shadow Phoenix
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
              That is SO very wonderful to hear. Our boys had a wonderful time last time. They were completely energized from the experienced. This last Saturday my oldest said "Isn't today the day we go and sing?". They loved it. We haven't been very active in the community or with any groups for quite a long time. My oldest was when he was young. He learned to walk in a coffee shop called Rising Phoenix. So it's no real suprise he'd be drawn to the singing. I look forward to meeting more folks :-) and learning new chants.

              mercedes <moonshadowm66@...> wrote: Greetings singers!
              I have had a few private emails about people wanting
              to bring children too! We bring our 2 youngest with us
              to each gathering and it has been fine so far. The
              College has a great room upstairs for the kiddos to
              play, equipped with toy box and lots of empty space!
              Our daughters are 7 and 9, so they sing a little, play
              a little, sing some more and so on and so on! They
              usually bring some of there own toys too and they have
              a great time! Even when they are not sitting in the
              room learning the chants, they learn by osmosis! I
              have more than once walked in on them singing a song
              we had learned at a previous meeting, and they
              definitely each have their own favorites! Music and
              singing is a huge part of our family and I wouldn't
              want it any other way! I am biased, but I don't
              believe they have been disruptive thus far! I would
              hope that if they became a problem, we would have a
              respectful discussion and reach reasonable resolution.

              This group has been wonderful about trying to keep a
              "family-feel" and I would be sad if it went any other
              direction! Singing is such a wonderful way for
              children (and adults!) to express themselves and I am
              honored to have the opportunity to share this group
              with my children.

              In the coven I work with, there are lots of things
              that we do without the kids, but there are also lots
              of ways we include them too. We have found a really
              comfortable balance. Kids and the pagan
              community-at-large have brought about some
              interesting, passionate discussions and certainly some
              conflict over the years! I feel that there are
              absolutely certain situations, rituals where children
              do not belong. As it stands right now, though I am
              blindly speaking for the "core group", CHILDREN ARE
              WELCOME to sing with us any time!

              Goddess bless our children!
              (and our pagan friends who are so tolerant of our
              children!!!!)

              Bright Blessings,
              Mercedes

              --- Shadow Phoenix <phoenixinshadows@...> wrote:

              Is it a problem for me to bring my children with me
              again? You all were so very welcoming last time, but
              if it's a problem, to
              > anyone, I can work on finding a sitter or something.
              >
              > Brightest Blessings,
              >
              > Phoenix

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              The purpose of this list is to share chant music files and lyrics. Please help!

              Post message: DenverChantCircles@yahoogroups.com
              Subscribe: DenverChantCircles-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              To download lyrics (PDF format) and audio files (MP3, requires highspeed Internet connection and a file decompression application like WinZip) see:

              http://www.culturemagic.org/MaterialSpirituality.html

              ---------------------------------

            • mercedes
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
                No need to RSVP, but it sounds as if we will have some
                more new voices this time and I AM EXCITED! Yea! See
                you Sat!

                Bright Blessings,
                Mercedes

                --- lorrtru <lorrtru@...> wrote:

                > Hi Mercedes,
                > thanks for the reminder. i don't know if i need to
                > rsvp, but i am & i may be bringing another witch w/
                > me
                > blessings
                > lorraine

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Hansen David
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 9, 2005
                  i wish i could make it, however i had already made
                  plans for this weekend and it's a bit tough for me to
                  get to Denver on such a short notice too. maybe next
                  time though.

                  David
                  aka Sgiathatch

                  http://mail.yahoo.com