Re: [Colorado Wiccans] Ritual Ceremony and Walking the Path (was Disappointment)

  • Nyjh Ortiz
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 4:37 AM
      Merry Meet Tygia,

      You are correct, Maris Dotter's question was to the whole group. You on the other hand seem to get lost in everyone else's answers to a particular question, rather then staying on the original question from the original person.

      Maris Dotter's Question:

      "What makes a person a Wiccan? By that I mean, what defines a Wiccan? Is a person that does not practice rituals a Wiccan if they believe in the God and Goddess? Or are they Neo-pagan or...?"

      "Is there anyone out there that considers themselves Wiccan that does
      not practice rituals? Or am I the only one? (I've done rituals in
      the past, but I don't do much to observe the sabbatts beyond noting
      them in my mind now)."

      I could ramble further but I don't see it getting anywhere soon so I guess I will close, thanks for your time.

      Blessed Be

      Nyjh
      > Merry Meet All,
      > I love how even a simple answer to a simple question can be drawn out
      by some of the community. Yes the more one does in the ways of ritual
      or open worship can be very helpful and even fulfilling, but the
      question that I answered was if a person doesn't observe or have a
      ritual on the solstices or full moons does it make them any less
      Wiccan. The simplest answer is no.

      Nyjh

      I find it interesting that you seem to feel that your simple answer of
      no was all this question warranted. As I recall your original answer
      was quite lengthly...I was under the impression that the original
      question asked by Marisdotter was posed to the entire group? Perhaps I
      was wrong.
      Tygia

    • Wynyfryd
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 7:05 PM
        --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com, "Nyjh Ortiz"
        <cathexisconst@m...> wrote:
        > Merry Meet Tygia,
        >
        > You are correct, Maris Dotter's question was to the whole group. You
        on the other hand seem to get lost in everyone else's answers to a
        particular question, rather then staying on the original question from
        the original person.

        Uh, thought that was called "conversation"?

        Wynyfryd
      • tygia1
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 8:17 PM
          <cathexisconst@m...> wrote:
          > Merry Meet Tygia,
          You are correct, Maris Dotter's question was to the whole group. You
          on the other hand seem to get lost in everyone else's answers to a
          particular question, rather then staying on the original question
          from the original person.

          OK-even though Mr. Nyjh Ortiz has resigned from this board, I still
          have a thing or two to say about his post....In my opinion (please
          correct me if you feel I'm wrong) these message boards are for open
          conversation. I felt that was what I was doing. To have someone take
          a *direct* slam at me (that is exactly what the message above is) and
          then run away by resigning from the board totally defeats the spirit
          of open conversation and debate in this format, and speaks volumes
          about the person running away. If I ask a question here, it is with
          the hopes that I will get answers, information, and different points
          of few from many different people, not just one person claiming that
          they have the "simple" answer and that it is the only answer there
          is...If a person doesn't want conversation, if all they want is to be
          viewed as the one who is "right", the one who has "all the answers",
          the one who has the first and final word on anything (Wicca,
          spirituality, religion, ritual, and the Gods included!) then perhaps
          they should go find a group of people looking for a guru and stay off
          the message board anyway...
          Just my thoughts....
          Onoir dhuit
          Tygia
        • marisdotter
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2 12:17 PM
            > --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com, "Nyjh Ortiz"
            > <cathexisconst@m...> wrote:

            > You are correct, Maris Dotter's question was to the whole group.
            You
            > on the other hand seem to get lost in everyone else's answers to a
            > particular question, rather then staying on the original question
            > from the original person.
            > >
            > --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com, "tygia1" <tygia@t...>
            wrote:
            > OK-even though Mr. Nyjh Ortiz has resigned from this board, I
            still
            > have a thing or two to say about his post....In my opinion (please
            > correct me if you feel I'm wrong) these message boards are for
            open
            > conversation. I felt that was what I was doing. To have someone
            take
            > a *direct* slam at me (that is exactly what the message above is)

            I am sorry that my questions caused so much ill will.

            To clarify - I *did* mean for them to be for the whole group.
            I *also* meant for them to be open questions, ones that would start
            an intellegent dialogue. I was hoping that many people would give
            me thier opinions - and, to my delight, many people *did* share
            thier thoughts with me. And it *did* start a good dialogue, I
            thought.

            I hope no one objects to me asking more open ended questions - I'm a
            naturally curious person, and I enjoy having intellegent dialogues,
            especially about something that I consider so important.

            Thanks to everyone who has responded!

            Mari's Dotter
          • Rick
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30 9:48 PM
              Greeting! I am new to this group but, like Tygia and others have
              stated, I hope there are MORE open ended questions on this board! I
              love debate and stating my side but also learning what others know
              and using them to help me on MY Path. I dont believe anyone knows ALL
              the answers (though I like to pretend I DO! lol) and Wicca is
              basically a flowering Magickal belief as it has no verifiable ANCIENT
              source(I know some of you will disagree) to tie ALL into ONE and so
              you will find many who claim that they have it and instead of giving
              options, give only rules or ultimatums. MAGICK is how you believe it
              to be. The Wicca/Druid/Shaman/Witch thing gets in the way of some of
              us working real Magick, I think. Wicca is a beautiful religious
              belief that should let you be YOU, not condemn you or belittle you
              for who your not. I'm not a religious guy so I dont follow Wicca, but
              I am a Wizard. Learn what you want from me and leave the rest behind.
              Many of us cant be with those we are liken to and so need these
              groups and forums to further our PATH and I for one will be here for
              everone.

              NOW THATS SOME BLABBERIN! lol...and with that I leave you to your
              Path...

              BB&BW!
              Richard
              Rhisiart y'Daheddog-Draig