General Question

  • Nyjh
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3 6:50 AM
      Merry Meet All,

      My question is to each and every person of the community that is
      Wiccan in one form or another. What possitive thing would you like to
      see happen in the Wiccan community, and what would you be willing to
      do to make it happen?

      Thanks to All and Blessed Be

      Nyjh
    • cynthia trujillo

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 4 3:45 PM
          Nyjh,
          The one positive thing I would like to see happen: a Pagan Food Bank,
          stocked with dried foods as well as canned (fresh or store bought).
          What would I do to see it happen: host it and coordinate the handing out of
          food stuffs.

          BB.
          Reid

          My question is to each and every person of the community that is
          Wiccan in one form or another. What possitive thing would you like to
          see happen in the Wiccan community, and what would you be willing to
          do to make it happen?

          Thanks to All and Blessed Be

          Nyjh

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Nyjh
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6 5:20 AM
            Merry Meet All,

            A couple of day's ago I posted a general question to all who might
            be interested in answering it. I posted this question identically on
            several different sites to see what the general consensus was. My
            question was to each and every person of the community that is Wicca
            in one form or another. What positive thing would you like to see
            happen in the Wiccan community, and what would you be willing to do
            to make it happen?

            Through the e-mails that I have read I see many persons desiring
            those who are Wiccan to become main stream, to be come open in their
            spirituality. Of course there were several desiring to help out the
            community in one for or another, but that doesn't seem likely
            without the support of the Pagan Community.

            I know that their several persons of the community, leaders and
            followers alike, that would not like Wicca to go main stream. But
            that's where we are headed, I know pride is a corruptible trait but
            its hard not to be proud when I people you teach stand up and
            profess their belief. Wither it be Pagan or Wiccan, it still is nice
            to see them stand up. Yes, there are reproductions because we still
            live in a prejudice world and a nation that is predominantly
            Christian. But the time is coming when we as a community will need
            to stand together and tell those who wish us to disappear that we
            won't leave.

            The main thing that I share with those, whom I mentor, is that in
            order for us to survive we must band together as brothers and
            sisters and to try when ever possible to buy pagan goods from
            pagans. Many people buy their products from one of the Hobbies shops
            around town, think about it. Christians own many of them; do they
            won't us to become united or even strong so that we can have a voice
            in politics?

            I would like to see the Pagan community become more open and united,
            I would love to see animal sanctuaries dedicated to the Lord and
            Lady, I would love to see Temples and Gardens where we may worship
            openly and freely within the principles of what ever tradition that
            we fallow. I am willing to offer my skills as a mentor and a
            remodeler to achieve these goals. One day we will be main stream;
            will you be by our side?

            May each and every one of you continually walk in the loving light
            of our eternal Lord and Lady.

            Blessed Be

            Nyjh
          • irish_pagan_lil
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6 9:30 AM
              If I was in your community I would love to help. where in Colorado do
              you live? Im in north east - Greeley
            • reid_co@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 6 2:59 PM
                Merry meet all!

                I, too, would like to be more open (in society) about my faith, but I am more realistic that it will not happen at the moment.

                If you want to change the world, start with the person staring at you in your mirror.
                What am I willing to do to affect change in myself and the community? I will honor the God & Goddess every day, I will educate myself to be more knowledgeable in the ways and words of the G/G as well as knowing what mine enemies are plotting. I will not stand down when it comes to human rights, caring for the environment (recycling, pollution, etc.), help my neighbor when they need; I will buy as many items as I can from the Denver community, pagan-friendly stores. I will also not buy any item made in China (their human rights issues).

                Locally, I would like to have an open park where we could meet, but unless we pool monies and buy something, I do not know where to go.

                Yours in the Lord and Lady,
                Reid

              • tygia1
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 6 8:17 PM
                  --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com, cynthia trujillo
                  <lorrtru@y...> wrote:
                  > I think I would like to see more unity, more sharing, less
                  clannishness among the covens
                  > Lorraine

                  My clan is my coven....They are family to me in ways that even my
                  beloved birth family cannot be. When I am with them in public or
                  private, it is clear to all that we are indeed a clan. Not becuase we
                  are being "clannish" but because we are a coesive group collective.
                  We are proud of that collective and the work and energy we have put
                  into building it. I agree that unity and sharing are important, we
                  all have something to teach and LEARN, however that does not require
                  that we allow every person who approaches us to become a member. The
                  first responsibility of the clan is to the clan, as a whole. I think
                  that yes, there are instances and situation in public forum when
                  people are simply not acting in accord with their own proclaimed
                  belief system about acceptance and tolerance, however that does not
                  mean that every person who puts on a pentacle and says "I'm a witch"
                  is automatically a witch, or my clansman for that matter. Wiccan is
                  not just a "cool" thing to call ones self. It is a way of life, one
                  that often leads us down the hard high road, and finding the right
                  group of like minded people who work/create magick well together is a
                  hard thing to find. When people do find/create that they are not
                  urgently looking to change the dynamic. So remember, the next time
                  you feel that a group is being "clannish" ask yourself, why should
                  this group trust you and bring you into their fold on first glance.
                  If the only answer you have is "because I'm Wiccan" ask the question
                  again.
                  Tygia
                • Nyjh Ortiz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 6 9:04 PM
                    Merry Meet Tygia,

                    I am glad to see a response from you. I understand that your coven is your clan and closer to you then anything else. I too have the same in my life, and choose to hold on tight because when you have that its hard to replace.

                    Even though I cannot talk for Lorraine, I am sure that she wasn't belittling what you hold precious. My question was to all who wished to respond What positive thing would you like to see happen in the Wiccan community, and what would you be willing to do to make it happen?

                    I apologize if some have taken my question in the wrong light that it was presented or in the answers that others have given. Hopefully all will settle down in the near future and we can all share and become stronger in the aftermath. In case you might question some of those things that I have placed in my responses I would like to include the following statement.

                    To begin with, my intent was to see where everyone was and hope that I would get a response from my question. I am very happy that the Wiccan community in Colorado has voiced themselves both positively and negatively to my question.

                    I would like to mention that my statement as "mentor and remodeler" didn't mean that I was the remodeler of the Wiccan Religion, faith, craft, etc. because I am far from the person to do that, even if there should be one. I am a remodeler by trade, as I remodel buildings for a living and offer my skills in that trade to help out the community. I prefer remodeling because I feel that I better serve the Lord and Lady in reviving what already stands instead of taking more of the lands and paving over them with homes.

                    As per "mentor", I offer my skills to help those seeking their own path. I do not wish to teach people my way, my religion or even my path. I prefer to think of myself as a guide, and only a guide. I would never even claim to know all the answers or even that I am a guru. I would prefer to stay in the shadows and worship as a solitary, but do to the beliefs of many Wiccans who have been practicing for years, I cannot. It has grieved me over and over again when some people come up to me time and time again and asked if I knew of a teacher or mentor of Wicca, and for the longest time many of our community with the experience would let these few slip through the cracks and remain confused.

                    It is choice that makes us unique as well as different, even though many of us fallow the Lord and Lady. My path has placed me in the position of mentor to any who would ask me, whether it be by a study group, a casual meeting at Barnes and Noble or a small gathering at a park to share in a Barbeque and talk about the God and Goddess.

                    As per mainstream, many of us would rather sit back and enjoy Wicca the way it is. The only problem with sitting back is it doesn't give justice to our belief system when we sit and watch a city put a ban on clairvoyance, or allow groups who don't want us united place restrictions on how we celebrate our festivals by not allowing us the use our local park or public lands because we are pagan.

                    Again I say that the most beautiful thing we have is choice, the choice to share and help or the choice to sit and watch. May your choice be one with light and love. Thanks for your time and responses and I know that the light of the God and Goddess will always guide you.

                    Blessed Be

                    Nyjh

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 7 10:39 AM
                      --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com, "Nyjh Ortiz"
                      <cathexisconst@m...> wrote:
                      > > Even though I cannot talk for Lorraine, I am sure that she
                      wasn't belittling what you hold precious. My question was to all who
                      wished to respond What positive thing would you like to see happen
                      in the Wiccan community, and what would you be willing to do to make
                      it happen?

                      Actually, I did not think or feel that she was belittling what I
                      hold precious. I was simply attempting to shed some light on the
                      fact that what at first may appear to be "clannishness" is simply a
                      clan (or coven which ever you choose)keeping their clan safe.
                      healthy. whole. Stepping out into a cummuntiy is not always easy for
                      new comers (Lorraine-I am not sure if you are a new comer or not,
                      please understand this is not directed at you personally, simply the
                      discussion) especially when others do not receive you with open
                      arms. However, I have learned from my own experience that there is a
                      reason for the guarded behavior, even though at times it can seem
                      (and yes, at times IS) simply a group of people excluding another
                      person. For anyone out there seeking to become more involved in
                      their community the best way is keep showing them your face,
                      allowing them to hear the melody of your voice, and understand that
                      those who are guarded have a reason whether it be "right" or "wrong"
                      it is still a reason that to them makes complete sence.

                      Onoir dhuit
                      Tygia
                    • cynthia trujillo
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 7 11:49 AM
                        I thank you for your response, tygia & nyjh.
                        I truly hope that we will see a day when we won't have to be so "protective" of our beliefs, covens, clans or whatever. i have been doing self-study to see who i am as a pagan. i have been here for awhile so i kinda know my way around and know how to ask the questions that may not close people down. however, when i first started my quest, alot of doors were closed to me because the coven/clans were closed to outsiders (understandabily so) but that did not help answer my questions. i felt totally isolated but still i persisted because i feel this where i'm supposed to be at this time in my life. i'm so thankful that i found groups of witches that are more or less like me. i still have a very long way to go in my learning but at least some of questions can be answered.
                        As to your question, Nyjh, 'what am I willing do to see that happen?"
                        I will endever to put myself out there to other people who are looking for answers in our direction. I will pray to the Lady to quiet my fears about acceptence and pray even harder that no harm comes to me or mine because of my beliefs.
                        Lorraine

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 7 9:59 PM
                          Merry Meet Lorraine,

                          I am glad to hear your answer to my question, I hope that you keep up on your studies and your sharing.

                          Blessed Be

                          Nyjh

                          tygia1 <tygia@...<mailto:tygia@...>> wrote:
                          --- In coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com<mailto:coloradowiccans@yahoogroups.com>, "Nyjh Ortiz"