My Resignation As An Adult!

  • Coyotewolf58@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2004
      I have decided I would like to accept the
      responsibilities of an 6 year-old again.

      I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four
      star restaurant and then be able to afford a movie.

      I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and
      make a sidewalk with rocks and bask in the sun.

      I want to think M&Ms are better
      than money because you can eat them.

      I want to lie under a big oak tree with a drippy
      ice cream cone and run a lemonade stand with
      my friends on a hot summer's day.

      I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew
      were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't
      bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you
      didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully
      unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I
      want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

      I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be
      oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited
      by the little things again.

      I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of
      computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to
      survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank,
      doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

      I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word,
      truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind,
      and making angels in the snow.

      So...here's my checkbook and my car-keys,
      my credit card bills and my 401K statements.
      I am officially resigning from adulthood.

      And if you want to discuss this further,
      you'll have to catch me first, cause...

      TAG, YOU'RE IT!!