Vote for Frontier's a cappella wonders

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hello folks,

      Hey, we need your help.

      All Coloradans are familiar with Frontier, our own 'private' airline company. But some of you won't know of the support Frontier provided last year to CVJS acitivities, both in ferrying our Rocky Mountain Champs to the National Harmony Sweeps last May and in helping with other travel for our May Spring Sing also with travel discounts and airport shuttles. They have done right by a cappella.

      Now's our turn to return the favor and promote a cappella at the same time!

      Are you familiar with Frontier's "Favorite Animal" promotion and the voting campaign to choose one as Denver's Favorite? You must have seen the TV spots and may have noticed that one of the contenders is an a cappella group called the Penguins! In fact, you may have heard them at last year's Harmony Sweeps as represented on stage by the great group, "Ignition."

      This is your chance to speak up for a cappella by voting the Penguins, Jay, Jim, Jeff and Gary, as Frontier's Denver Favorite. I think we could swing it in favor of our own musical partners, the "Penguins," and take the competition away from the others. The Penguins are already in second place and the current first place in the voting is a real dog -- well, not really, it's Larry, the Lynx.

      Here's where to go to vote for the Penguins:  http://frontierairlines.portline.com/HQ.html  Do it now! Do it often! Let's make a cappella the Favorite Frontier animal.

      Let's place our 700 votes (or more<g>) for the birds (fish?). While you're there, add a supportive comment in the forum, okay?

      Rol Sharette
      Boulder, Colorado
      888 949 2857
    • thomas.breslin@colorado.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2007
        In The Buff, one of CU's oldest all male a cappella groups, is holding a
        FREE concert to celebrate it's 13th birthday concert and new CD release. There
        are 7 brand new songs in the group's set and prizes will be given out during
        the show.

        FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!! FREE!!!

        IN THE BUFF
        FREE Birthday Concert
        Sat. Feb. 10 7:00pm
        in MATH 100 on CU Campus

        MATH 100 is located on CU's campus near the stadium. It is on the
        intersection of Folsom and Colorado.

        SHOW UP EARLY! This show will fill up so get a seat soon.