Harmony Sweeps 2007

  • Debbie Faber
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      ROCKY MOUNTAIN HARMONY SWEEPS AGAIN AT RANUM HIGH SCHOOL
      Here are some details in case any of you within reaching distance of Denver want to inform quality vocal bands of this opportunity:

      Auditions Open through January 26, 2007. Send in your audition material with a $10 per singer entry fee (returned if your group is not selected).  If your group is selected, you'll find yourself on stage at Ranum High School singin' your heart out and enjoying the reception of a thousand devoted a cappella fans! Here are the performance details:

      Saturday, March 31, 7pm
      Ranum High School

      One notable change in the rules this year is that the competition is now open to groups with up to eight (8) members.  This is a change from the seven (7) member groups allowed in the past.

      Ticket information will follow shortly.

      Competition applications available by emailing dfaberace@... or calling 720-290-2761.

      This March 2007 Harmony Sweepstakes will be the 23nd national competition and the 18th Rocky Mountain show since entrepreneur and Primarily A Cappella founder John Neal came up with the idea.

      Groups competing at the 2007 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes will benefit from singing in a tried and trusted auditorium, easily accessed from I-25 and I-36.  The 900 seat theatre will be filled with those of us who value and get turned on by great a cappella sounds -- and we'll have plenty of those. Eight remarkable vocal groups from an area centered by Colorado will do their very best to take the prize and represent the Rocky Mountain Region at the May 2007 finals competition in San Francisco.

      For groups who wish to audition, general details are posted at the www.harmony-sweepstakes.com website, including the various regional competitions across the country, what is required and, generally, how the competition is operated. For specific Rocky Mountain applications and information, contact Debbie Faber at dfaberace@... or 720-290-2761.

      We assemble a qualified audition committee to review applicants and select the most qualified groups to perform in Denver on March 30. We also offer a live audition if you prefer. In addition to Champion and Runner Up, there will be group awards for audience favorite and best stage performance, and individual awards for best soloist, best arrangement, best original composition and best vocal percussionist.

      Auditon applications are due by January 28, 2007.  Apply now!