New Jazz-A-Cappella Group(s) forming.....

  • Henry
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hello colorado-acappella,
      My Name is Henry Sherman. I have been directing "Jazz-A-
      Cappella" in Sausalito, California for the past 11 years. I have also
      con-currently (over the years) directed other a-cappella choirs in
      Mill Valley, Sebastopol, and Corte Madera. I have arranged 24
      standard Jazz tunes for 4-part a-cappella. I even taught
      an "arranging workshop" at the A-Cappella Summit back when it used to
      happen at Dominican College in San Rafael.
      I have just relocated to Thornton, CO and am starting up my new
      group in ?Boulder?. I had a surprising response and accomplishments
      with the group that came together for the summer (in Thornton) when
      I first visited for two months. I know a strong tenor who lives
      towards Denver (rush hour driving sucks coming north so that would
      have to be a southern group) and I have two dedicated singers so far,
      one in Boulder who has no problem travelling to Thornton, and another
      Soprano from Downtownish who also will travel. There are a few new
      people coming to this week's rehearsal, so we'll see how they do. I
      am willing to travel to make this work the best but have not YET
      figured out what is the best location. Finding a TENOR in Boulder
      would probably lock in that location, already having myself High
      Bass/Low Baritone, adding that new Low Tenor/High Baritone (I limit
      my arrangements to keeping the Tenor's high note to F or F# above
      middle C), Emily already on Alto, and Lisa Soprano. I ponder two
      voices per part or expanding out of the 4 part-exclusive songs I have
      always kept to.
      If you're ready to sing give me a call:
      Henry Sherman (303) 480-8800
      Please leave your phone number