BOLDER A CAPPELLA'S NEXT GENERATION

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2006
      Hello groups,

      Here's the word on Bolder A Cappella for the coming season. I need to back off some of my responsibilities for CVJS activities and will be gone much of the coming season, so my personal participation needs to be taken out of the equation. After 5 very successful years putting Colorado A Cappella groups in front of audiences at Boulder's Redfish Brewhouse, Bolder A Cappella will cease being a CVJS managed operation. Beginning this fall, owner Steve Shenk will still make selected Monday evenings available for interested and qualified pop-a cappella groups, but the bookings and financial arrangements will be made directly through him at the restaurant itself.

      Steve is open to a variety of booking arrangements depending on your ability to draw audiences and his need to cover staff and other costs on those evenings. Groups should expect to promote their dates as they would any other free lance appearance and abide by the general guidelines Steve will set out.

      I expect a cappella groups will gradually find opportunities in a number of venues like Redfish as their work becomes more part of mainstream club entertainment. Please contact Steve at 303-440-5858 or by email at shenk22@... to learn more about his guidelines and to book a Monday evening a cappella session at Redfish.

      Let's keep a cappella going in Boulder County and across the state!

      Rol Sharette
      CVJS program director