Boulder Chautauqua Barbershop Festival, August 12th

  • Jonathan Griffitts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      Hi!

      As many of you hopefully know, the Boulder Timberliners Barbershop
      chorus host a Barbershop Harmony festival every summer at the Boulder
      Chautauqua Auditorium. This has been going on annually since 1949. This
      year's show is scheduled for August 12th, 7 PM. The show consists of
      many quartets and choruses from around the front range, each singing
      only a few songs. The finale is a mass chorus consisting of all the
      groups together.

      This year we have had a few cancellations and I've been asked to explore
      the possibility of inviting a local non-barbershop a cappella group to
      participate. It's supposed to be a Barbershop festival, but we feel it
      might be nice to feature a single group of different style just as a
      change of pace.

      We don't have much budget. Normally we can't pay quartets at all, and
      we do a profit-sharing deal with choruses based on how many singers were
      on stage. However we have plenty of flexibility to work a special
      deal as needed.

      Another possible issue is that Barbershoppers use a minimal sound
      system, so we'd have to be sure we provided whatever extra is needed for
      a guest group.

      Anybody interested? The venue is a wonderful 100-year-old building. I
      always love singing there. We usually get an audience in the 600 to 800
      range.

      In any case, please mark August 12 on your calendars if you're
      interested in hearing an assortment of Barbershop groups.

      Thanks!
      --
      Jonathan Griffitts
      Program VP, Boulder Timberliners Chorus Boulder, CO, USA
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2006
        Hey! Attention FACE, 3 Story Limit,Cool Shooz and Many other participants in CVJS--To
        say nothing of the terrrific Campus groups, from Buffoons on UP!.. this would include
        anybody who's ever gone to the Redfish here or the regionals in spring! THIS IS A GREAT
        IDEA_ THIS VOCAL Super-Scene Has been Going on for 59 yars with no breaks. While you
        might not make a lot of bucks you'd get TREMENDOUS EXPOSURE: GET YOUR NAME AND
        PICTURE In the Annual Chataqua show program, and have a wonderful time singing with
        these folks from all over the Rockies. My own uplift I got from the massed choruses show
        at the end of the program was worth every minute of the fun practicing beforehand- the
        picnic was a lot of fun-too.. And a group that comes in can have a great time at the
        afterglow- described as the most fun singing adults can have ith theor clothes on

        > ORIGINAL NOTE from Johnathian Griffits
        > As many of you hopefully know, the Boulder Timberliners Barbershop
        > chorus host a Barbershop Harmony festival every summer at the Boulder
        > Chautauqua Auditorium. This has been going on annually since 1949. This
        > year's show is scheduled for August 12th, 7 PM. The show consists of
        > many quartets and choruses from around the front range, each singing
        > only a few songs. The finale is a massed chorus consisting of all the
        > groups together.
        >
        > This year we have had a few cancellations and I've been asked to explore
        > the possibility of inviting a local non-barbershop a cappella group to
        > participate. It's supposed to be a Barbershop festival, but we feel it
        > might be nice to feature a single group of different style just as a
        > change of pace.
        >
        > We don't have much budget. Normally we can't pay quartets at all, and
        > we do a profit-sharing deal with choruses based on how many singers were
        > on stage. However we have plenty of flexibility to work a special
        > deal as needed.
        >
        > Another possible issue is that Barbershoppers use a minimal sound
        > system, so we'd have to be sure we provided or you can provide if you have a special
        one whatever extra is needed for