Groove Society personnel change and upcoming performance.

  • Groove Society
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006

      Hello everyone!  A couple of important announcements.

      First of all, Cameron Chinatti, who we have been fortunate enough to have as our alto/soprano since the formation of the group, will be leaving us soon.  She sets sail on July 22 with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.  The plan is to stay with Royal Caribbean for a few years before moving to the West Coast to pursue a career as a studio singer.  We can't say enough about what Cameron has added to the group.  Her outstanding, solo voice and musicianship as well as her creative input have been invaluable assets to Groove Society.  We love her dearly and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.  She will be sorely missed.

      On a brighter note, we are happy to announce the newest member of Groove Society, Rachel Gavaletz.  Rachel possesses a mastery of jazz and R&B that is truly rare.  Her ability to learn a large amount of difficult music in a short period of time has been impressive.  And her fresh perspective and excellent creative ideas have already begun to reshape the way we interpret our songs.  Best of all, she has a solo voice that absolutely brings the house down!  Don't miss her debut performance with Groove Society this Sunday!

      Groove Society will be featured at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival this Sunday, July 2 at 3:45 PM on the Janus Main Stage.  For more information, go to www.cherryarts.org­­