Harmony Sweeps Press Release

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Clear Day
      SWEEPS RETURN TO DENVER

      The big news is that our non-profit arm, Colorado Vocal Jazz Society, will again produce the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes in 2006.

      Here are some details in case any of you within reaching distance of Denver want to inform quality vocal bands of this opportunity:

      Auditions Open through January 10 Send in your audition material with a $10 per singer entry fee (returned if your group is not selected) and if the audition panel thinks you're good enough, you'll find yourself on stage at Loretta Heights Theatre in Denver singin' your heart out and enjoying the reception of a thousand devoted a cappella fans! Here are the performance details:

      Saturday, March 18, 2006, 7pm
      Loretta Heights Theatre
      Teikyo Loretta Heights University in Denver, Colorado
      3001 South Federal Blvd. at W. Dartmouth

      Tickets available by mail or through TicketWeb.com, or linked from websites at <harmony-sweepstakes.com> & <cvjs.org>

      Competition applications available at <cvjs.org>.

      The Rocky Mountain Festival has always been wide open to great talent and has sent some terrific winners to the National Competition, including the 1993 National Harmony Champs, our famed 17th Avenue Allstars! Last year the Rocky Mountain Champs, face, took runner-up and audience favorite honors at the national finals. This March 2006 event will be the 22nd national competition and the 17th Rocky Mountain show since entrepreneur and Primarily A Cappella founder John Neal came up with the idea.

      Denver music supply firm Flesher-Hinton, Frontier Airlines and the Colorado Vocal Jazz Society will produce the 2006 event. The 2005 festival was an overwhelming success and we hope this show will be even better. We have lined up a staff of 40 directors, technicians and others to bring it off the way it should be done. Tickets are already on sale for the show at $18 regular admission and $14 for students and seniors. Leave questions at tollfree 888-WIZ-CVJS (949-285). Special group prices are also available at the tollfree number.

      Groups competing at the 2006 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes will benefit from singing in a tried and trusted theater on Denver's near west side. Teikyo Loretta Heights Auditorium has very good acoustics, room for almost 1,000 fans and free convenient parking. Our sound engineering will again be handled by Eko Studios, and we promise to provide the most experienced and qualified judging anywhere.

      The 999 seats will be filled with those of us who value and get turned on by great a cappella sounds -- and we'll have plenty of those. Eight remarkable vocal groups from an area centered by Colorado will do their very best to take the prize and represent the Rocky Mountain Region at the May 2006 finals competition in San Francisco.

      For groups who wish to audition, general details are posted at the www.harmony-sweepstakes.com website, including the various regional competitions across the country, what is required and, generally, how the competition is operated. For specific Rocky Mountain applications and information, visit www.cvjs.org and download our specific requirements, which vary slightly from the general rules (info accompanying application, judging categories, etc). You can also call our tollfree 888-WIZ-CVJS (949-2857), leave your name and address and CVJS will mail the application materials to you in hard copy.

      We assemble a qualified audition committee to review applicants and select the most qualified groups to perform in Denver on March 18. We also offer a live audition if you prefer. In addition to Champion and Runner Up, there will be group awards for audience favorite and best stage performance, and individual awards for best soloist, best arrangement, best original composition and best vocal percussionist.

      Apply now!