Post-school groups competition?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Clear Day
      Hello all you avocational and community type groups out there who may be interested in a coordinated competition type program.

      Amanda Grish (who runs the ICCA and ICHSA for Varsity Vocals) and Don Gooding are having preliminary discussions of someday starting up a competition for adults who sing in the "college a cappella style" -  that is, groups of 8 to 24 singers performing contemporary a cappella, broadly defined.

      If you have interest in this idea on behalf of a group with which you perform, please contact Don at don@... or call him at 800-827-2936. I've had some inquiries along this line (from groups who don't consider themselves candidates for Harmony Sweeps), but I hesitate to send along names and contacts until you've given this some thought.

      Sounds interesting.