Newsletter Deadline

  • rjsharette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2001
      Hello A Cappella enthusiasts,

      You should be a recipient of the "Colorado Songster" quarterly newsletter and
      probably affiliated with the Colorado Vocal Jazz Society and/or CASA
      Colorado. If you don't receive the newsletter and would like to, please send
      your snail mail address and telephone to this email address.

      The purpose of this message is to encourage you to provide information about
      your activities, or those of a group with which you are affiliated, for:
      (1) the Fall Colorado Songster (from CVJS), or
      (2) the Contemporary A Cappella Society International Newsletter (CAN).

      Basically, first priority information is for the calendars in these
      publications and their websites, with information for short articles also
      welcome. We would greatly appreciate your participation.

      These newsletters publish at different dates, so right now we are looking at
      information for October through January which you would like to see
      published. The rule of thumb is that the preponderance of performing
      information or performances be devoted to vocal jazz or contemporary a
      cappella (CAC) with some consideration given to other formats such as
      accompanied Vocal Groups, Barbershop, Gospel, etc. The next deadline for CAN
      input is October 1 and for the Colorado Songster, September 15. You can send
      digital information (including photos) to me at this address or, in hard
      copy, to CVJS, PO Box 481232, Denver 80248-1232 (please let me know by email
      if you have snail mailed information).

      Meanwhile, here is the format in which we would like to get your Performance

      Date (assume within next 4-5 months)
      Name of Group or Sponsoring Organization and Name of Event
      Venue (e.g. auditorium) and brief address
      City (in CO or nearby), Fee (if known) and Phone number for tickets (if

      The Colorado Songster also publishes a "Classified Column" and welcomes
      listings from any side of the equation: groups looking for members, singers
      looking for groups or organizations looking for performance groups or
      individuals. Please provide such information in the following format:

      Category of need: as above
      Group or Individual name and Location
      Short description of need
      Contact phone and/or Email address.

      If your group has any news to announce -- new albums, new members, awards,
      media appearances or other tidbits -- please send information (and photos?)
      along also. These may be published in the Colorado Songster or in CAN.

      Don't put it off! NOW is your chance to get this free publicity. Thanks for
      your help in encouraging support for contemporary a cappella music in our

      Rol Sharette
      program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      Colorado co-ambassador, CASA