Contemporary A Cappella Workshop Opportunity

  • rjsharette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      A Total Vocal Contemporary A Cappella Workshop October 13, 2001

      How about finding your way over to Denver's Auraria Campus on a beautiful
      fall weekend for an all-day Saturday session with Deke Sharon, president of
      CASA and acclaimed vocal technique and performance clinician. Also on hand
      will be the contemporary a cappella pros 17th Avenue AllStars, star high
      school group Raging Harmonies and the jazz/folk avocational group, New Wizard
      Oil Combination. Several other great groups will be among the workshoppers.

      Workshop Chairman Jim Keller (ensemble director at Fairview High School) says
      that seminars in Performance Presentation, Group Dynamics, Development of
      Style, A Cappella Arranging and Album Production are examples of the wide
      range of subjects that will be covered in this uniquely versatile and
      affordable workshop. The event is for educators (let's get the schools hip to
      this), music directors (oh, that's how they do it), individual singers
      (anybody lookin' for a tenor?) and singing groups (let's show 'em our stuff)
      -- of all ages and skills.

      If you can make the trip, you can sure afford the tariff. The Colorado Vocal
      Jazz Society is making this event available at $20 for individual adults, $15
      for anyone with student ID, and $5 apiece for members of bonafide singing
      groups up to 15 members! Thanks to Deke Sharon's willingness to make himself
      available for this important effort, we're pulling out all the stops to make
      it enticing to Colorado singers.

      Actually, we already have reservations that will fill our facility, but, if
      you act fast, we should be able to provide some larger sessions for a few
      more folks. Call 888-WIZ-CVJS (949-2857) to make a reservation and request a
      registration form, or go to www.cvjs.org for more information (and to see
      what else is goin' on).

      Rol Sharette, program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society