Vocal Legacy at International Competition

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Clear Day
      For those of you who follow the Sweet Adelines programs, I received this note today from Terry MacRae, who sings lead in one of Colorado's leading quartets:

      "The 59th annual convention was moved from New Orleans to Detroit within 5 days of Katrina.  The quartet competition gets underway Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8:45 AM Mountain Time. We are contestant #39 and are scheduled to be on stage at 4:21 PM Mtn. Time. The stats for the competition show us in the Top 15, based on average scores.

      The quartet contests are being web cast.  Go to http://www.sweetadelineintl.org/webcast.cfm where you'll find a link just before the contest.  The web cast is being narrated/hosted by Kathy Carmody (former Int'l President and director of Velvet Hills chorus in Colorado Springs) and Sharon Babb (Int'l Board Member, Sound Judge and director from Broomfield), so we'll have our home team rooting for us."

      If you'd like more information about Vocal Legacy, visit their site at www.vocallegacy.com.

      Wonder if we've evr had a Sweet Adelines quartet in the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweeps? Anyone remember?

      Rol Sharette
      moderator