Audit???

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      Clear Day
      Hello a cappella fans,

      This is a little off the track for our message board, but a friend suggested it might help us out.

      CVJS (CO Vocal Jazz Society), our eleemosynary (like that?) non-profit that keeps us all legal in our fund-raising and performance projects, is due for a periodic audit (about every 4-5 years). It can be a huge expense doing it commercially, but in the past, similar groups have had the duty performed in-kind or at low cost by an accountant who was sympathetic to our focus and mission.

      It's pretty uncomplicated, but if the feds should question something, it's nice to have a professional audit to back up our amateur, but quite complete, bookkeeping.

      If any of you would like to help us or know someone who could, please send me a reply to rjsharette@... and we'll see what happens.

      Thanks for the support; your comments and suggestions are always welcome.