A Cappella goes Indy

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2005
      Clear Day
      Here's some interesting news on the flick-front. A movie about a cappella? We'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, if any of you across Colorado can put me in touch with local indy houses that show things like March of the Penguins and You, Me and Ebverybody I Know, please let me know where they are and who runs them. We can get some a cappella promos into their places when the movie finally breaks. That's probably 6-9 months down the road.

      Meanwhile . . .

      (Contributed by Jonathan Minkoff)
      Principal photography started Monday August 1st in New York on the independent film "Shut Up & Sing," an ensemble comedy about a group of guys who sang together in a college a cappella group and are now reuniting 15 years later to perform at friend's wedding.

       . . . Let's see: Cool Shooz, Sliders, Wizard Oil . . .

      The film is written and directed by Bruce Leddy, a one-time member of the Williams Octet and later the New York group The Lemmings. It stars Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning Miami), Molly Shannon (Sat. Night Live), David Harbour (Broadway's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf"), Reg Rogers (Runaway Bride, Analyze That), Rosemary DeWitt (Cinderlla Man), and many more, including former Hyannis Sound vocal percussionist Samrat Chacrabarti. An a cappella "super-group" led by former Rockapella founder Sean Altman recently completed pre-recording tracks for the movie. The group includes fellow Rockapella stand-outs Elliot Kerman and Charlie Evett, as well as Altman's singing mate from The Groovebarbers, Kevin Weist, and Broadway singer Michael Winther. The soundtrack will feature several college group recordings including the Tufts Beelzebubs version of "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins and Academical Village People's arrangement of "Kate" by Ben Folds Five.