Sound of the Rockies, DAP, Storm Front, Nexus, The Entertainmen, Absolut - Go For The Gold Show

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      If you are unable to read the message below, you can view it at: http://www.soundoftherockies.com/show/GFT-G05.htm

      Greetings from Sound of the Rockies!

       Join Us Saturday Evening, July 2, For Our Annual Go For The Gold Show

      Begin Your Fourth Of July Weekend With An Exciting Evening of A Cappell Harmony!

      Sound of the Rockies members have been hard at work the last couple of months putting the final touches on our competition package and are excited to preview the songs before departing for Salt Lake City for the Barbershop Harmony Society convention and competition.  You have never seen or heard anything like this from the chorus before!

      Two chapter quartets competing in the international quartet contest, Storm Front and Nexus, will also preview their competition numbers.

      The Denver A Cappella Project has been invited to perform at the International Convention, and they will provide a sample of their truly awesome a cappella harmony!

      We are delighted to announce as our special guests, one of the other choruses competing at Salt Lake City. All the way from Sweden, the men's chorus, The EntertainMen and the International quartet competitor, Absolut will demonstrate that barbershop harmony is alive and well in Europe.

      The show will begin at 7:30 and will be held at Grandview High School 20500 E. Arapahoe, Aurora (Map).  There is no admission fee for the show, but a free-will donation will be collected at the conclusion of the performance.

      An Additional Invitation!  If you are interested in watching the chorus prepare for the Salt Lake City competition (and in hearing the chorus in full voice from 15 feet away), all rehearsals are open to visitors.    An audience out in front helps the chorus focus its energy!  The remaining rehearsal is Thursday, June 30.  Rehearsals are 7:00 - 10:00 at St. Luke's United Methodist Church, 8817 S. Broadway - Highlands Ranch (about 1/3 mile south of C470 on the west side of Broadway). Map

      We look forward to seeing you at our Go For The Gold show in a couple of weeks!

      Sound of the Rockies Home