Performance schedule for Colorado Songster

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      Clear Day
      Groups and fans:

      The Colorado Songster goes to press the week of July 5. A schedule of contemporary a cappella and vocal jazz events will be published on page 5 as usual. Here is a list of dates we have been provided so far. We will need to concentrate on August, September and even October dates for your fans to get on board. Meanwhile, this list may help many of you get to the earlier summer dates.

      Any groups not included below should provide information in the format indicated (space is limited) by email to info@... no later than July 5 for inclusion in the next issue of the Songster, which is delivered by US Mail to 1,300+ interested fans and friends. If you have a date below that is inaccurate, please submit a corrected version.

      If you know of any Colorado appearances by out-of-state groups, those too should be listed, as well as any summer or fall semester start-up dates for school groups.

      Do it now. All entries will be accepted and printed provided they are in the format below by July 5, a week from tomorrow.

      Fri, July 1, 7pm
      COOL SHOOZ
      YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Pk; Free

      Sun, July 3, 2:30pm
      CURIOUS GAGE
      Blockbuster, Ft Collins, Free

      Mon, July 4, 4pm
      17th AVENUE ALLSTARS
      Highlands Ranch, Eastridge Rec; Free

      Wed, July 6, 7:30pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      YMCA of the Rockies; Free

      Thurs, July 7, 5pm
      17th AVENUE ALLSTARS
      Englewood Amph; Free

      Sat, July 9, TBA
      COOL SHOOZ
      Longmont, Rodgers Grv; Free

      Wed, July 13, 7pm
      17th AVENUE ALLSTARS
      Lafayette, Waneke Lake; Free

      Thurs, July 14, 7pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Littleton, Ken Caryl Ranch; Free

      Thurs, July 14, 8pm
      CROSS EXAMINED
      Loveland; Larimer Fairgnds; Adm

      Wed, July 20, 6:30pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Wheatridge, Anderson Pk; Free

      Thurs, July 21, 7pm
      COOL SHOOZ
      Loveland, Foote Lagoon; Free

      Thurs, July 21, 7pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Commerce, Pioneer Pk; Free

      Thurs, July 28, 7pm
      17th AVENUE ALLSTARS
      Westminster, City Pk; Free

      Sun, July 31, 12:30pm for 1 week
      ROCKY MTN VOCAL JAZZ CAMP
      Deer Creek Camp (Register in advance)

      Sat, August 6, 1pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Brighton, Adams Cty Fair; Adm

      Thurs, August 11, 7:30pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Estes Park City Pk, Free

      Sat, August 13, Noon
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Milliken, Beef & Bean; Free

      Thurs, August 18, 6:30pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Aurora, MeadWood Pk; Free

      Sat, August 20, 2pm
      CROSS EXAMINED
      Masonville, Buckhorn Amph; Off'g

      Sat, August 20, 5:20pm
      GROOVE SOCIETY
      Longmont, Dickens Barn; Adm

      Mon, Sept 19, 7pm
      face
      Lafayette, Nissi's Coffee Hse; Cvr

      We're especially looking for listings from absentee groups 3 Story Limit, Chatterbox, Dnvr A Capella Proj, Harmonia, Ignition, moosebutter, Sat Evng Post, and Storm Front -- and any others out there we've missed.

      Rol Sharette
      editor