Seeking Group for July 4

  • Michael Hume
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 5:14 PM
      Colleagues,

      Every year, my wife and I throw a big "block party" for our neighborhood on the Fourth of July.  So far, each year the LoDo Air Band has been on the slate of entertainment for that gig, but this year LDAB is taking a breather... so I'm looking for another contemporary group!

      The party is 12-5 p.m., and this is the sixth consecutive year.   We will have 100-150 people, probably.  It's outdoors.  You get fed (hamburgers/hotdogs type fare) and drinked ("drinked?") including beers after the final set.  You get paid (though the budget isn't astronomical).  You do up to three sets, probably alternating with other "acts" including a small accoustic group and maybe a barbershop quartet.  I can do full sound for up to six voices, so you don't have to schlepp equipment.  You can party with us, and bring your family/friends (within reason).  It's real.  It's fun.  It's real fun, goshdarnit.

      Please holler if you're interested in talking about it.  Reply to this email or call me at (303) 478-8702.

      Thanks!

      Michael Hume
      LoDo Air Band
      ...with Non-Stop Acappella Service to Denver and The World

    • Nic
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18 12:49 AM
        Well...we pretty much HAVE to rehearse a few things before we go onstage (Windmills comes to mind...), so maybe later in the day?  I have to work until 1, so maybe we can meet at 130-2ish in Thorton and at least run a few of the sketchy numbers before the 3:00 call.  Any idea what kind of sound setup we need for this Rod?

        ~Nic