THE SWEEPS ARE HERE! and so is InPulse . . .

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2005
      Clear Day
      Hello A Cappellists!

      Our friends from Minnesota are in town and ready to be part of the Harmony Sweeps action this weekend. Colorado managed to greet them with this dreary winter weather -- not untypical for scattered days in March -- but they seem to be taking it in stride. The InPulse guys have a busy week ahead of them, with media stuff, the big show and their school tour next week. I trust during that period the weather will be a little kinder to them.

      Those of you who can come will have a chance to wish them welcome at the Friday evening reception 7pm at Quality Suites Hotel at Wadsworth and Hampden. Some of the other competing groups will also be on hand to get used to mile high singing and to get a preview of the big Saturday evening show. You're welcome to stop by and meet everyone, but you're also encouraged to be on hand Saturday at Loretto Heights Theater where the rafters will be blessed with sound of a cappella from 8 great groups from Colorado and elsewhere.

      Our ticket sales are still very sluggish, hanging in around 300 overall. We can only hope the weather improves and last minute publicity brings a lot of folks in -- like 600?. It wasn't much better last year and the door sale helped immensely. Please help get the word out and let's have a huge house to welcome InPulse, Jerry Lawson, the 17th Avenue Allstars and our great contending vocal groups Curious Gage, the Earl Famil Singers, Face, HarmoniX, Ignition, No Better Cause, the Northern Colorado Voices and the Plumbers of Rome. It's a show with the promise of high entertainment and wonderful prospects for the future of a cappella.

      Sunday evening the adventure continues at Boulder's Redfish, where the newly crowned 2005 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes Champs will make their "inaugural ball" (as in having a . . .). It's family night and we'll have a lot of fun pretending it's the usual Monday night "Bolder A Cappella" event. Yes but don't be confused by a couple of the mistaken notices distributed that say "Monday." This is a special event and it's Sunday night beginning at 7pm (the stage lights up about 7:30pm).

      See you at the Sweeps.