Re: [colorado-acappella] moosebutter DETAILS

  • Joseph DiMasi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one on this list who actually lives
      in Nederland, and familiar with this - how did Tim put it - "cultural
      event". So, I thought to give my two cents on it.

      Well, what can I say... it's a celebration of a family who faithfully
      fulfills their grandfather's dying request of putting them him on ice -
      indefinitely.

      They honor the utter strangeness with their own:
      - a parade with hearses and dressing-up like
      zombies/skeletons/whatever,
      - coffin races down the Eldora ski slopes
      - public playing of the movie "Grandpa's Still in the Tough Shed"
      - ... and more that I dare not speak of!

      Something tells me that Moosebutter will be right at home! :)

      So, I have to say that everyone should experience this Day of the Dead
      once before they're on ice. At the very least, it's an opportunity to
      see what can happen to people when they live at a high altitude, with
      too little oxygen, for too long.

      Hope to see y'all in my neck of the woods. Feel free to write me off
      list if you want to connect in Ned.

      -Joseph
      ex-member: Face.