- Clear DayTO: A Cappella Groups with Items to Merchandise, Are you in an a cappella group or affiliated with an a cappella activity or product? We expect theMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 4 6:46 PMView Source
TO: A Cappella Groups with Items to Merchandise,
Are you in an a cappella group or affiliated with an a cappella activity or product?
We expect the 2005 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes to be one of the best ever. It's scheduled for 7pm on Saturday, March 28 at the Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater inDenver . It's a show no a cappella fan would miss.
These activities will take place in a 1,600 square foot carpeted and spacious lounge area, an “exposition” we call A Cappella Celebration Hall, that complements the Saturday evening activities. This is a chance for you to cash in! Not just financially, although well over $1,000 was spent last year in a much smaller and more crowded area, but in audience awareness and fan acknowledgement. We plan to double the dollars this year, with more audience, more space and more products. In addition, we’ll have entertainment and refreshments to encourage participation – and it will open an hour before curtain (6pm) and will continue again through intermission.
Flesher-Hinton Music Company of Denver, principal sponsor of the RM Harmony Sweeps, will be the signature exhibitor in A Cappella Celebration Hall, and will offer their own selection of a cappella oriented items, from songbooks to pitch pipes and beyond. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. A half dozen vendors have already signed on and we expect to have no problem filling the space. Our friends, the Mile High Chapter of the Barbershp Harmony Society (formerly SPEBSQSA) will, as before, assist us to properly staff the operation. It will be first rate.
Alan Welty, our associate producer and business manager, has set this up with all of you a cappella fans in mind. To make it work, we need you to give it your immediate planning and attention. We invite two categories of product: media items and a cappella fan items. Here’s a list of products to consider:
· CDs or tapes of competing and Harmony Sweeps-connected groups
· DVDs and videos in the same general categories
· A Cappella Songbooks and Published Arrangement compilations
· “Fan Club” T-Shirts, Bumper Stickers, Photos and Posters
· Commemorative a cappella items from wherever
1) You must be authorized to sell the items;
2) You must set your prices at $5, $10, $15 or $20; and
3) You are limited to 4 imedia items and 4 fan items.
Note: No items may be sold or distributed in or around the Theater, except through this consignment arrangement.
More specific information is available on the enclosed pdf Consignment Form. Check it out and, if you wish to participate, respond by March 10 with your selections and your approval. Alan's contact information is on the form.
Thanks for making this an even more exciting Harmony Sweepstakes.