The Grooviest Society in Colorado: at Bolder A Cappella next week

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2005
      Clear Day
      Okay, so this Monday is Valentine's Day and you've made your plans already.

      But chances are you haven't booked next Monday, February 21 yet, right?

      Then plan on heading for Redfish Brewhouse in Boulder (13th north of Pearl) to catch the premier vocal jazz ensemble in our state -- and in many states around. GROOVE SOCIETY, 'a cappella group to the stars,' is providing two elegant shows for anyone who comes by that evening: 7:30 and 9pm. Don't miss them!

      Why not? Because John Neal at Primarily A Cappella in San Francisco says they're "tops in their field" and says he can't wait to get their next CD in his catalog of the very best in contemporary a cappella.

      Why not? Because none other than the fabulous Bobby McFerrin, who heard them when he was in town last month, said "Nice solid sound -- well tuned! Where do they club? Can you send me a CD?"

      Well, Bobby, Groove Society 'clubs' right here at Redfish once or twice a year, and we're proud to have them. And yes, we're sure they'll soon be sending you a copy of their latest CD.

      So, there are a couple of really good reasons to get over to Redfish next week and catch Colorado's gift to vocal jazz. Call for reservations and enjoy one or both shows from this classy sextet: 303-440-5858.

      You won't regret the trip -- especially if you enjoy the tops in a cappella performance.

      Some of Colorado's most popular vocal bands invade Boulder regularly on specific Mondays. Many of these groups perform mainly for private parties and are not generally available to the public. Bolder A Cappella is produced by the Colorado Vocal Jazz Society at the popular Redfish Brewhouse, a family spot with excellent sight lines and acoustics, competitive prices and no cover. Here's a unique opportunity to sample what's out there. Join us for the fun!