College Groups come to Boulder next Saturday!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
      Clear Day
      Wow!

      The big news today is that the Rocky Mountain division competition for college contemporary a cappella groups (also dubbed the Varsity Vocals) plays Boulder's Flatirons Theater (13th @ College, on the Hill) next Saturday evening, March 22, at 7pm!

      This is an amazing program of talented vocal bands from campuses in Arizona, California, Utah and Colorado, hosted this year by CU-Boulder group, In The Buff. The hall will be packed out, so order your tickets now at the Varsity Vocals site http://www.varsityvocals.com/icca/west.shtml or by calling 303-492-BUFF directly to place your ticket order on the In The Buff "WillCall/PayOnsite" list. Tickets are only $10 general adm and $7 for students.

      This competition has been going for several years and Colorado groups like CO Springs' Room 46 and CU's Extreme Measures have been very successful competitors. This year's program includes:

      EveryMan Jack & Jill, University of Arizona
      Extreme Measures, University of Colorado
      Noteworthy, Brigham Young University
      These Guys, Walnut, California
      Vocal Ease, University of Arizona
      Vocal Point, Brigham Young University

      On March 5, next Saturday's winning group will compete at Stanford University to represent the "West" in the International Finals at Alice Tully Hall in NYC on April 30.

      You'll really love this show -- and it hasn't been hosted in Colorado since 2001!

      Let's see you there Saturday night!

      Check out the entire International Competition of College A Cappella (ICCA) operation at http://www.varsityvocals.com/.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
        Clear Day
        Hey A Cappellists:

        Oops! Since we're doing Harmony Sweepstakes in March, I've got March in my head too much!

        Yes, the date of the International Championship of College A Cappella preliminaries below IS next Saturday and that date IS January 22. Sorry for the gaff!

        Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 10:31 AM
        Subject: [colorado-acappella] College Groups come to Boulder next Saturday!

        Wow!

        The big news today is that the Rocky Mountain division competition for college contemporary a cappella groups (also dubbed the Varsity Vocals) plays Boulder's Flatirons Theater (13th @ College, on the Hill) next Saturday evening, January 22, at 7pm!