Colorado Songster input

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hello folks,

      It's that time again. Time for your input for the Colorado Songster Summer (July) newsletter.

      While we accumulate a lot of dates and info ourselves, please don't take for granted that your info will get in the newsletter without your input. We WILL publish any dates in Colorado that you send us, so let's have it! Read on:

      The Colorado Vocal Jazz Society supports CASA activities in Colorado, helping with projects like the National Championship of Collegiate A Cappella and the Harmony Sweepstakes. We also sponsor special vocal jazz and contemporary a cappella events, maintain a website for CASA-Colorado, operate this message board and publish a quarterly newsletter for CVJS members and Colorado members of CASA. Frankly, this is all made possible completely by volunteer effort and funds provided by CD sales of one of your colleague groups, the New Wizard Oil Combination, as well as modest outside contributions to our non-profit foundation, CVJS.

      The next issue of the Colorado Songster will be distributed by mail in late July. You should have received the previous issue in April (if we have your accurate snailmail address; if not, send it!). In addition, we try to funnel dates and information to CASA's International Newsletter (the CAN) which is published bi-monthly. We need your help to keep all this information flowing.

      If you have Colorado-based events/concerts for August thru November which should be listed in the Songster calendar and the CAN or are worthy of a feature article in either, please get the pertinent info to me this week:

      for the CO Songster: July 3
      for the CAN: July 10

      In addition, if possible, your calendar listing will be included in the CVJS/CASA-Colorado website which you can reach at http://cvjs.org
      Please send your information to me immediately. Event listings should be in the following format:

      Day(s), Date(s): time(s)
      Program and/or Group Name
      Venue name, City; admission?

      In addition, the Songster publishes a classified section briefly announcing audition or membership opportunities as well as individual interests in a cappella participation. Listings are also due by March 28. Please send them in the following format:

      Auditions:
      What parts are needed for type/size of group
      Group name, brief details
      Contact name, phone, email

      Interest:
      Individual name, sex, voice