HOUSE JACKS SEEK BIG BAD SUB

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2004
      The following note is from everybody's favorite VP (no, not Dick Cheney),
      Wes Carroll of the HouseJacks. He makes a very intriguing invitation to
      audition for one of the most successful and exciting contemporary a cappella
      groups in the world. And it's an offer that seems flexible enough for a
      talented singer to live with while maintaining a "real life" on the side.

      If anybody out there knows anyone who might qualify for a challenging, but
      super-rewarding job like this -- and who has the bass pipes to make it
      possible -- I suggest you have that person get in touch with Wes right away.

      BIG BAD SUB

      > >...like in "substitute" but also like in "subwoofer". Turns out we have
      more work in 2005 than our bass and co-founding member Bert Bacco can do, so
      we're looking for someone who can take his place from time to time. This
      includes everything from local shows to international touring, a few weeks
      at a time.

      > >Candidates should be all the usual stuff: be a bass, be charismatic, be
      musical, be real, be friendly, etc. You know the drill. We'd love to find
      someone local (to SF CA), but this is not a dealbreaker.

      > >It would also be great if you can make a substantial commitment to the
      band (we don't need your first-born, but we would like you to have
      approximately as flexible a schedule as the rest of us).

      > >See http://www.housejacks.com for more info on the band.

      > >If this sounds good, drop us a line. Resume, audio, and picture (and,
      sre, video if you have one to: