Colorado Songster going to press

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004

      Folks,

      The spring Colorado Songster should be going to press next week. It will be sent to more folks than ever before and we hope it will become a major communicator in the Colorado A Cappella scene.

      Right now, we're trying to close out the page 5 Calendar area and need your help in getting pertinent dates to include, from April 15 through August 15. If you have dates like the samples below listed last summer, please send them in this format by Monday, April 5 for inclusion in this issue. Remember, the following are samples from last year, just provided to guide your submissions.

      Thursday, July 17, 8pm:
      17th Avenue Allstars!
      S/S Run, Cuernovaca Park, Dnvr, free

      Wednesday, July 23, 7pm:
      17th Avenue Allstars!
      Gazebo Stage, Westminster, free

      Saturday, July 24, 7pm:
      Groove Society!
      Summer Concert Series, Lakewood: $5

      Friday, July 26, 8pm:
      3-story limit & "LION KING"!
      Boulder Outdoor CineMa, BmOCA; $5

      Saturday, July 31, 7pm:
      Groove Society!
      Foote Lagoon Series, Loveland: free

      Saturday, July 31, 7pm:
      m●pact!
      Soiled Dove, Denver LoDo: $15/door

      Saturday, September 13, 1:30pm:
      Groove Society!
      Heritage Square, Golden: free

      In addition, there will be a limited "classifieds" area where you can announce group openings or your interest in finding a group to sing with. Submit brief descriptions of your interest to place a classified entry. All calendar and classifieds listings are free.

      Ther are also two spots left for 1/4 page (3.75"wX5"h) display ads that cost $75 to commercial ventures and $40 to non profits or vocal groups. This quarter's distribution will total at least 1,000 issues, so it's a great deal. Ads (and the New Wizard Oil Combination gig money) help to fund the newsletter, so it's a worthwhile opportunity for you all.

      Remember, deadline is Monday. Send all info and questions to rjsharette@.... Please do not reply to the message board.

      Thanks for supporting A Cappella in Colorado. Watch for your issue within about two weeks.

      Rol Sharette, program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      www.cvjs.org   888-WIZ-CVJS (949-2857) message line
      Colorado Ambassador, CASA
      Contemporary A Cappella Society
      <rjsharette@...>
      How are drummers like philosophers?
      They both perceive time as an abstract concept.