Bolder A Cappella featuring Utah's "moosebutter"

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2003
      It's "moosebutter" time at Redfish Brewhouse
      Appearing Monday, October 13
      Shows at 7:30 & 9 pm

         Hey! Monday's the night to get your "moosebutter" at Redfish. Naw, it's not a new menu item -- not really. Just those four crazy guys from Utah who make fun out of a cappella maybe more than you would think possible.

         Well, what can be expected at election time? I mean, this season really stirs up the controversial juices. In fact, we're a little concerned that there may be demonstrations Monday night against the good name of our Colorado wildlife. Not that we have a lot of meese (mooses?) running around, but our elk population is quite upset with the concept of "moosebutter" and a rogue group named "ElkLard" has threatened to upset things Monday night by taking over the stage in the good name of LARD (the Large Animal Rescue Detail).

         We hope that won't happen, but we also understand a couple of our Council candidates, desperate for last minute publicity, have promised to run "moosebutter" right out of Boulder if they say or sing anything derogatory about animal rights. If that happens, of course, we may never be able to invite "moosebutter" back, so come on down for the Colorado premiere of moosebutter -- and their possible Colorado farewell tour, all rolled into two spectacular shows at 7:30 and 9pm.

         It's family night at Redfish -- all ages are welcome, with no cover and no minimum. Just good food and drink and a great musical show. "moosebutter" is the 2003 runner-up group in the International Harmony Sweepstakes, so they may have fun, but they also sing real good -- especially when compared to actual moose singing.

         This is an evening you must not miss! Call for reservations: 303 440 5858.

         (Bolder A Cappella is produced by the Colorado Vocal Jazz Society in cooperation with Redfish owner, Steve Shenk. With its excellent sight lines and acoustics, competitive prices and no cover, this is where you get great a cappella all year long.)

      Rol Sharette
      program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      <www.cvjs.org>