I got the message

  • lynary
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6 11:57 AM
      That was an innocent attempt to join the group. I can assure you
      that these files are not viruses! I do not blame you one bit for
      being suspicious, you have to be now days.
    • Roland Sharette
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6 12:11 PM
        --- In colorado-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "lynary" <lynary@y...>
        wrote:
        > That was an innocent attempt to join the group. I can assure you
        > that these files are not viruses! I do not blame you one bit for
        > being suspicious, you have to be now days.

        Thanks for the quick comeback, lynary. I saw the message just as I
        was deleting the file and banning your subscription. That action has
        been avoided and we welcome you to the group.

        Will you please distribute a message to the group telling us all who
        you are, where you are from and what is in the uploaded file?

        Sorry to smack down on you, but we've had a couple of bad moments
        lately and I wanted to avoid possibl trouble for our very interested
        and patient subscribers.

        Rol Sharette
      • Halogen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6 12:54 PM
          Rol et al,

          While we're all sending out introductory messages, I figure it behooves me to do so as well.  I've been a subscriber to the Colorado A Cappella list for about a year now, I suppose, but I haven't yet had much of anything to say.  Here's the nitty gritty on me:

          Name:  Joshua Olive
          Group:  Halogen
          Web Address:  www.halogensings.com

          Halogen is based in Huntsville, AL; so we're nowhere near Colorado and all the great a cappella happenings in Boulder and elsewhere in your very a cappella friendly state.  We don't have any a cappella newsgroups around here, so eavesdropping on yours has been a tremendous source of enjoyment for me.  People around here love the a cappella when they hear it, but it's just a very rare person in the deep south who has ever heard of contemporary a cappella.

          You can currently hear some songs off our new CD on either KNRU in Lincoln, NE or on KDHX in St. Louis, MO if you've got an antenna about 3.6 miles high. ;-)

          The "Lowest Bass" email flying around today is of Tim Storms, the bass for Oregon's top flight Christian a cappella group, Rescue.  They're definitely worth a listen.

          Fiat Canorus!

          Joshua Olive
          Halogen

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Don Gooding
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 1:34 PM
            At 12:54 PM 8/6/2003 -0700, Halogen wrote:
            Rol et al,

            While we're all sending out introductory messages, I figure it behooves me to do so as well.

            Joshua-

            Don't feel bad about listening in from Alabama - I'm all the way in Maine and I'm listening in as well! But then, that's my job.  ;-)

            We don't have any a cappella newsgroups around here

            I don't know if you want to take on the responsibility but it's easy to start one of these. I manage about five myself. And if you want I can send you email addresses of groups in the South that might enjoy being part of the list.

            You can currently hear some songs off our new CD on either KNRU in Lincoln, NE or on KDHX in St. Louis, MO if you've got an antenna about 3.6 miles high. ;-)

            And if you'd send some our way, we could be selling it all over the world!

            The "Lowest Bass" email flying around today is of Tim Storms, the bass for Oregon's top flight Christian a cappella group, Rescue.  They're definitely worth a listen.

            I fearlessly listened to the file when it arrived... very cool. Tim Storms doing an MSNBC spot, getting into the Guiness Book of World Records for recording an 8 Hz vocalization, an octave below the previous record and inaudible (except maybe to humpback whales).

            Fiat Canorus!

            Joshua Olive
            Halogen
            www.halogensings.com

            Don Gooding
            Mainely A CAPPELLA             http://www.a-cappella.com
            don@...             P.O. Box 159/11 Seal Cove Rd.
            800-827-2936                   Southwest Harbor, ME  04679
            207-244-7603 (overseas calls)  207-244-7613 (fax)
              WEB STORE:   http://mac3.a-cappella.com/shop
               Now with more than 20,000 sound files!
               1800+ CDs ... 1,000+ arrangements...
               plus hundreds of videos, accessories,