RE: [colorado-acappella] Looking for someone new?

  • Olson, Roger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2003
      Hi Susan,

      Spam always leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it? :o) But
      seriously...

      Unfortunately, the way these dirtbags operate is by joining unrestricted
      lists, dropping their trash, then unsubscribing. By the time we react and
      ban them from the list, they are already long gone. Their mission is
      accomplished and they have no reason to hang around.

      Short of having a screened method of subscribing to the list, there isn't
      much else we can do, except ignore them. Replying to their e-mail address
      might even make things worse, as now they will have your personal e-mail
      address to spam.

      Just reading the subject line and looking at the originating e-mail address
      should tip you off when to immediately hit the Delete key.

      Regards,

      Roger Olson
      Tenor, Sound of the Rockies
      Hater of Spam, in ALL its forms